PDA

View Full Version : How many tables do you play at a time? NL200ish stakes...

Karak567
11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
I am a SNG player taking a dive into the NL cash game territory (SNGs get boring after a while, it's just push/fold, not saying they are easy, though, I just crave some post-flop play)...

when I play SNGs I have no problems playing 8 at a time, generally at the 55 dollar buy-in level (I have a dual monitor setup with a 2001FP)... however while playing NL200 6max I have only let myself play 3 at a time for now. Obviously in 6max you play a lot more hands and see a lot more orbits....

So how many tables at a time do you play on 6max?

I am thinking about popping it up to 4 or 5 and seeing how things go. Of course this hurts reads, but PokerAceHUD might make up for that?

yvesaint
11-21-2005, 12:00 AM
usually play 5, but when i get real bored i start getting all jumpy and antsy and open up like 8 tables

its really crazy on one monitor hehe

bigt2k4
11-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I hate the mini view and I still played 5tables thru creative positioning, but I found I began to rely too much on my pf hand & could not read people based on timing, thus I moved down to 3 or 4

amoeba
11-21-2005, 12:09 AM
I can do 4 without too much problem, but if there aren't too many juicy tables, then I would prefer to play 2 or 3 well instead of adding another less profitable one.

jcmack13
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
I switched from NL100 6max on a different site to the Party NL200 6max awhile back. I was 4-tabling on the old site, but Party was faster, so I 3-tabled for a while, eventually added a table, and now comfortably 4-table. I have two monitors as well, play on one and use the other for PT and browsing. I've 5 and 6 tabled, but I've found 4 is the most comfortable and profitable for me.