PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Dr. Pepper

DoubleDown
11-20-2005, 10:33 PM
the recent (absolutely hilarious) commercial with the Meatloaf theme song got me thinking about these. ive never had one, but have heard its quite a theatrical display. anyone with any cool personal pics/vids?

also, would anyone reccomend a spot in manhattan that serves these up? its about time i got out there and ordered up a round.

TheMetetron
11-20-2005, 10:36 PM
It's got nothing on a Flaming Homer.

maxpower72
11-20-2005, 10:38 PM
It's a flaming Moe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RunDownHouse
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Sponger (I think) had an avatar of a flaming shot gone horribly wrong. PM him to ask about it.

I don't think its anything someone older than a college freshman would really get excited about. Its just a little blue flame.

BadBoyBenny
11-20-2005, 10:40 PM
First time I ever had a flaming Dr. Pepper was the last day of my internship.

We went out to the bar by work to celebrate and someone ordered a round of these. They served them in glass goblets full of Yuengling. Trying to convince to full timers that I was the man, I dropped my flaming shot in the beer, chugged it and slammed it down on the bar in less than a second.

Unfortunately I slammed a little too hard and the goblet exploded and sent shatered glass everywhere.

Amazingly I was not thrown out as we were the only customers in the bar. Several beers and flaming Dr. Peppers later I ended up going back into the office to throw up before heading home.

SoCalRugger
11-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I did 14 in a night once my sophomore year. It was a party in the dorm lounge - I ended up puking all over the room and clearing the place out.

Just thinking about it makes me glad I've stopped drinking.

JihadOnTheRiver
11-21-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its just a little blue flame.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, my friend, it is far from a "little blue flame" if done properly. It should be set up in some sort of a bowling pin fashion with 6 drinks, the shots carefully resting on the tip of the mugs of beer. The bartender should use 151 to spit fire onto the shots. When his fire disappears, the shots will be on fire. Then they should be toppled domino style into the beer. I've seen it done this way once, and it is freaking sick. I ordered many that night, in a bar outside of Sacramento that I will be going back to during my thanksgiving break this year /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I'll take some pics and post them next week.

-Jihad