PDA

View Full Version : Turn Decision; Whats the Play?

Vote4Pedro
11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Very first hand at the table, PokerAce didnt have #'s on any of the players...

How are you guys handling this turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO...

McGahee
11-20-2005, 10:37 PM
I like bet/call. Can't really fold to a 3-bet if you C/R I don't think.

jrz1972
11-20-2005, 10:40 PM
I honestly don't think you lose much by mixing up sngs and crs here. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Aaron W.
11-20-2005, 10:52 PM
How are you playing the turn if you don't pick up two pair?

11-20-2005, 10:59 PM
We have no idea if this player is capable of the semi-bluff raise on flop w/ a flush draw. I would think that our hand is good here more times than not, so I'd just go for the c/r and call down a 3-bet. Obviously, bet out on the river, if called.

He could also just be raising a pair of 9s on flop or trying to be a "tricky bastard" w/ a good pocket pair by doing the LP limp. Maybe he does have a set or higher.

I tend to like to get extra bets in, but I'm unsure as whether or not this is good here against an unknown.

Vote4Pedro
11-21-2005, 12:23 AM
How are you handling the turn if you dont pick up two pur?

ArturiusX
11-21-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How are you playing the turn if you don't pick up two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is hugely dependant on the turn card. Give me some cards and I'll tell you what id do.

DCWildcat
11-21-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm not throwing 3 interceptions in 3 consecutive possessions and presenting my cornhole to Reggie Bush.

I'm probably SNGing this for fear of it not getting checked through. To me, fear of check through &gt; 1 extra bet.

Sorry, I had to say it. Y'all played a damn good game though, I was rooting for you the whole time.

11-21-2005, 12:43 AM
I bet/call in this situation.

I call because there is a &gt;14% chance he has 2pr on the flop.

If I didn't pick up 2pr and turn was an under card /images/graemlins/club.gif I bet/fold.
If I didn't pick up 2pr and turn was an over card /images/graemlins/club.gif I check /fold.

benkath1
11-21-2005, 12:47 AM
I bet for value. If he was drawing, why would he raise and knock out the SB?

Vote4Pedro
11-21-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not throwing 3 interceptions in 3 consecutive possessions and presenting my cornhole to Reggie Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

milesdyson
11-21-2005, 01:02 AM
every good team who plays against usc makes huge mistakes like that. and really usc did not cause those turnovers, especially the red zone interceptions. pinegar threw one directly to a usc defender one play... ugh.

i hope ucla crushes them. they should have lost twice already this season. i live in southern california, too.

Vote4Pedro
11-21-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like bet/call. Can't really fold to a 3-bet if you C/R I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

My exact thoughts...My hands strong enough that I really wanna show this down against an unknown on the first hand, and I'd almost have to fold if he 3bet my C/R

Vote4Pedro
11-21-2005, 02:08 AM
My hand is still swollen from hitting the table after those [censored] INTs he threw in the endzone...that fumble sucked a fat one too.

As for UCLA's chances, the only thing theyve really got going for them is the fact that its a rivalry game and everyone will be bringing their A-games. I guess it doesnt hurt to have a solid offense against a porous defense either.

DCWildcat
11-21-2005, 03:05 AM
Meh, I bet that +6.5 line on Texas changed a bit. Yall should still be proud.

Aaron W.
11-21-2005, 03:21 AM
In the hand presented, I bet the turn. If raised, call and check-call (except for Clarkmeistering). If he just calls, I bet-call the river.

If it were a non-flush jack, it's bet-3-bet.

The non-club nine gets bet-called, but I donk-call the river if raised instead of check-calling. The 9 of clubs fits with the very first example.

If I pick up a gutshot, I'd check-call the turn and donk-fold the river.

If a club falls, I think the pot is small enough that I don't mind check-folding.

If the board pairs, I check-call, check-call. I could have 8 hidden outs to chop on the river (to go with jack outs for two pair, nine outs for the boat to chop, and two more outs to make trips on the board).

Otherwise (if I haven't missed any other special cases), I think I would bet-fold the turn.