PDA

View Full Version : Help with TPTK

11-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Villan is a calling station, and drew out on me with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Is there any way I could have protected my hand here?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (10.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

HouseCalls
11-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Looks like you did what you could. Its almost impossible to protect against a true calling station. You just have to make up for the suckouts by winning money when they call down with marginal hands. One question though - how likely is he to bluff the river? Without reads its hard to know and he did lead out the rest of the way. Still its a little unusual for someone to bluff at a pot three times if Ts beat him. I probably would have been more afraid of trip 8's than trip 9's but maybe this is a bet you could have saved.
PS - hindsight is 20/20 - you'll get better answers (or at least more honest) if you don't post the results /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jaran
11-20-2005, 10:31 PM
He played badly and got lucky. You shouldn't be raising this turn when he sng's you, unless you have a read that he's an idiot. Don't post results, they contaminate the advice given.

-Jaran

Oh, welcome to the forum /images/graemlins/wink.gif

irishpint
11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
the calling station bet into you on 3 streeets!!

jrz1972
11-20-2005, 10:33 PM
1) This is a 100% routine bad beat. Get used to it. You'll suffer much worse.

2) I would normally just call down after villain pulls the stop-and-go on the turn.

3) Welcome to 2+2.

11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks, I've only been playing for a few months, and I didn't recognize the stop-and-go. Next time I'll slow down. I'll remember to not post the results next time.

Aaron W.
11-20-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villan is a calling station, and drew out on me with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Is there any way I could have protected my hand here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. You should improve your reads. What made you think villain is a calling station?

Redd
11-20-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. You should improve your reads. What made you think villain is a calling station?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Based on this hand, Villain looks like the worst calling station ever.

McGahee
11-20-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Based on this hand, Villain looks like the worst calling station ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally thought a predictable bet/calling station 'FYP' would've been pretty smooth, but yeah, that works too.