PDA

View Full Version : new album out by a great band

04-20-2002, 10:31 PM
im listening to the newest record out by a band called Down. they originally put out an album back in like 95 called NOLA (named after their hometown, New Orleans, LouisianA). its a side project - dudes from Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity, Eyehategod, Crowbar, and Superjoint Ritual. i know most of you probably don't dig this kind of stuff, but these guys are excellent at what they do. keeping music true to itself, not a commercialized product. if you guys like Black Sabbath you might like Down. they describe themselves as just a bunch of guys who got together because they like Sabbath and started making music based on that connection.

anyway, i just borrowed the latest album 'A Bustle In Your Hedgerow' and im listening to it for like the 7th time straight right now. check it out if you like southern rock, old-school-minor-key-riff-metal, or any of the bands i mentioned above.

04-20-2002, 10:50 PM
One of the last rock concerts I attended, early 70s, Black Sabbath with Grand Funk Railroad( I could be wrong about this). Long Beach Ca. I believe. The younger members of the audience pissed me off. They made a break for the stage and decided to get there over my back. I had to stand and face the crowd to keep them from not climbing over me. Next week I'll be attending a jazz concert, I don't think I'll have this problem.

04-21-2002, 01:01 AM
I'm.

04-21-2002, 01:43 AM
Sounds good - I'll check it out. I hope there isn't a cover of 'Stairway' on it.

04-21-2002, 03:22 AM
no covers that im aware of. its a pretty heavy album. i just burned my copy. hopin to get into the show here in chicago. only one of their tour dates that is sold out, and I didn't get a freakin ticket!!! (found out too late) alas, i know somebody from elektra records who an possibly get me in anyways... oooh yeah!!

04-21-2002, 03:24 AM
well Ed

my dad couldn't even legally drive until '74 and i wasn't born until '78. if you liked sabbath back then for the music, i hope that experience didn't change it for you. i met sabbath a couple years ago when the reunion album came out. man are they old. ozzy was tired (he said so...)

04-21-2002, 03:29 AM
"and im listening to it for like the 7th time straight right now."

I listened to "The Downward Spiral" by NIN on repeat for 12 hrs while I was studying once. I wasn't right for weeks. There is very good chance that I unwittingly answered at least 2 of the questions on my test with "GOD IS DEAD" and "I AM A BIG MAN YES I AM I'VE GOT A BIG GUN...". The repeat button is dangerous.

04-21-2002, 05:03 AM
lol

good post...

i listened to that album a lot too, when i first got it. i also listened to Kid A abou a dozen times in a row.

when i first bought Sunny Day Real Estate's album, 'The Rising TIde' it was the only thing i put on in my car for a month. then i went and bought their first album, 'Diary' and i listened to THAT for the next month.

i also used to listen Eliott Smith's album 'XO' every time i went to the card room for about 6 months. it was the poker cd, for some reason.

04-21-2002, 07:15 AM
i am looking for it...wish conjelco did records, whoops cd's, dvd's...showing my age there...lol...gl

04-21-2002, 03:14 PM
"Alas, I know somebody from Elektra Records who an possibly get me in."

Come on. It can't be that bad.

04-30-2002, 04:14 PM
she can't do it anyways... too bad. but i will be in Tucson from the 19th to the 25th of May for a wedding. luckily they are playing in Scottsdale (which im told is abou 1.5 hours from Tucson) while i am there. WOOHOO!!! also they are playing Ozzfest. but that costs $100 or so. im not sure if the rest of the show is worth it. if i have the $$ ill probably end up going though.