PDA

View Full Version : Paired w/set possibility against

infinite_loop
11-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB (t625)
UTG (t1265)
Button (t4210)
Hero (t1900)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t150, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t300.

Flop: (t1050) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I know scumbag is limping with anything here. I raise pre-flop to keep the shorty from getting a free look at the flop.

I know I have to either check or push this. I pushed, but I'm thinking this is probably a check. If he has a K, he might check as well or bet an amount that would give me enough info. I don't think I benefit much by betting, as my A protects me from an A helping him.

This is a check, right?

gumpzilla
11-20-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure about the PF raise here. With the BB being that short, do you want to chase him out and just play against the button? That doesn't seem like the best plan, but it also seems like it's all that your PF raise can do. I'd probably complete here and hope that goads BB into pushing, when it seems reasonably likely that either a) button does the dirty work for you, or b) you've now got the stack you're afraid of out of the way and can call yourself getting reasonably nice odds with what will likely be a strong favorite.

If button is the kind of player that will bet, checking is much better. Pushing is okay if he'll call with a wide range of worse hands, but on this kind of flop I think that's less likely than having a big stack take a shot at you because your position looks kind of vulnerable. You can also definitely bet this flop without pushing, you just can't fold when he comes back over the top. A bet of 500 would be just fine, provided you call a push over the top. You can't be worried about the K, JJ or QQ here, I don't think.