PDA

View Full Version : wa/wb standard?

toby
11-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm running bad and attribute it almost exclusively to not paying enough attention, whether from multitabling or my head's just not in the game. So the new plan is to play 2 tables maximum and actually think about my decisions instead of auto-piloting and probably succumbing to huge leaks.

Villain is 30/15/1.8 after 100 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Slow down too early? I'm beating a lot of hands here except a 2, or 33.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Overcard + heart draw came in = bad turn, but am I strong enough to show down?

River: (9.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

This card doesn't change anything.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Better line to cap the flop and reevaluate the turn? Is my jack-high heart draw worth anything there?

silkyslim
11-20-2005, 06:28 PM
he limped pf indicating a speculative hand. then he shows a lot of strength. he may have a 2, 33, a flush draw, but also might have something like 66 cuz he is aggressive. guy is loose and aggressive so in the "heat of battle" i might call down.

Nick Royale
11-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Against this opponent I'm capping the flop. Res of the hand is standard.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running bad and attribute it almost exclusively to not paying enough attention, whether from multitabling or my head's just not in the game. So the new plan is to play 2 tables maximum and actually think about my decisions instead of auto-piloting and probably succumbing to huge leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good plan and good luck!

olavfo
11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
MP1 could have a medium PP or be pumping a draw, so his flop 3-bet shouldn't slow you down just yet. However, since there are many cards you would hate to see on the turn it makes sense to call the 3-bet and re-evaluate on the turn.

When the Kh falls it's time to do some math. There's 7.25 BB in the pot and you have to invest 2 BB to win those + 2 BB more from Villain (assuming he will keep betting). Your effective pot odds are 9.25 : 2 = 4.63 : 1. You need to win more than 1/(4.63 + 1) = 0.18 = 18% of the time to profit from calling down.

Villain is slightly loose and aggressive and there's a chance we're ahead at this point. Those times we aren't we could have as many as 11 outs. I would call down.

eviljeff
11-20-2005, 06:39 PM
villain is a LAG, cap the flop.

the turn is a crappy card for two obvious reasons, but I'm not folding (especially since we picked up 3rd nut fd)