PDA

View Full Version : Nut low, mid-range flush draw

DrewOnTilt
11-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Ugh. I hate this hand all around. I couldn't get the hand history converter to work.

I called the flop bet with the nut low draw and an OK high draw. When Villain came at me with that weak-assed turn bet, I figured he had some kind of low and was scared of his high, so I potted it back at him.

Have I just got to lay these hands down when I whiff the high, or should I have been betting more aggressively from the flop on?

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=172480

Burdzthewurd
11-20-2005, 06:23 PM
You can't put a PL25 player on a monster hand like that.

- He doesn't pot it pf, terrible
- Your call on flop obviously fine
- Your repot on turn is fine, how does he not shove bottom two/nut low/nut flush draw is beyond me
- River call is fine

Don't worry about it I say, you won't see monsters under the bed like that played that terribly too often.

gergery
11-20-2005, 10:53 PM
i don't like the turn pot.
If he has A2 bare he is unlikely to lay it down at low levels, and then you are behind. if he has A2+ then you are hosed. if he doesn't have A2, let him bluff. those tiny bets are usually monsters or bluff but rarely in between.

-g

DrewOnTilt
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the turn pot.
If he has A2 bare he is unlikely to lay it down at low levels, and then you are behind. if he has A2+ then you are hosed. if he doesn't have A2, let him bluff. those tiny bets are usually monsters or bluff but rarely in between.

-g

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, ok. What would have been a better line here? Just call and hope to make a high hand on the river?

Let's say I take that line, and whiff on my flush draw (as I did). Am I still calling this with just the bare A2?

Sorry if these questions seem routine, but I still have a Holdem brain.