PDA

View Full Version : My brother decked a girl. Dunno to laugh or be ashamed....

gamblore99
11-20-2005, 05:37 PM
This was pretty much our conversation on msn.

Brother: So I was out last night downtown and this girl I know really wants to fight me. Just kind of jokingly and she keeps throwing punches at me and trying to goad me jokingly. I do a judo thow on her but make it so she doesn't hit the ground, just to scare her. When I let her go she is hysterical and punches me hard. She busts my lip open and I am bleeding. So I decked her. Wasn't that hard but she fell down. Was just kind of a reaction. Afer that she got even more hyper and wanting to fight, but after a little more time we made up and are still friends.

Me: I can't believe you punched a girl in the face! That is horrible. But funny.

Brother: It was kinda an instant reaction. But seriously, she busted my lip open, what should I have done? Nothing?

Me: Dunno. maybe slap or yell at her...

Brother: When I tell you this in person you will see how funny it actually was.

Oh ya, girl was very drunk.

TheMainEvent
11-20-2005, 05:37 PM
ashamed

Lazymeatball
11-20-2005, 05:38 PM
do both

2+2 wannabe
11-20-2005, 05:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

awesome story

p.s. he probably could have done something else other than punch her in the face - but it's not unreasonable

2+2 wannabe
11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ashamed

[/ QUOTE ]

no

chesspain
11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
I think Judge Judy would be on your side.

Vavavoom
11-20-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was pretty much our conversation on msn.

Brother: So I was out last night downtown and this girl I know really wants to fight me. Just kind of jokingly and she keeps through punches at me and trying to goad me jokingly. I do a judo thow on her but make it so she doesn't hit the ground, just to scare her. When I let her go she is hysterical and punches me hard. She busts my lip open and I am bleeding. So I decked her. Wasn't that hard but she fell down. Was just kind of a reaction. Afer that she got even more hyper and wanting to fight, but after a little more time we made up and are still friends.

Me: I can't believe you punched a girl in the face! That is horrible. But funny.

Brother: It was kinda an instant reaction. But seriously, she busted my lip open, what should I have done? Nothing?

Me: Dunno. maybe slap or yell at her...

Brother: When I tell you this in person you will see how funny it actually was.

Oh ya, girl was very drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime I have seen a girl get hit by a guy in a club - I have then seen said guy get the sh*t kicked out of him....I guess your brother was lucky not to be in the vicinity of most of the guys I know....

I'd be ashamed....

She bust his lip.....So what.....He's already shown how big and tough he was by throwing her to the ground...

I'd be very ashamed....

But as its your brother...lets all laugh about it !!!

Yeti
11-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I am a firm believer that there exist plenty of cases where it would be right to punch a woman. This is not one of them.

11-20-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a firm believer that there exist plenty of cases where it would be right to punch a woman. This is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does dinner not being on the table when you get home from work qualify?

diebitter
11-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Deeply unpleasant + irredeemable. Go kick him right up the ass right now please.

Recliner
11-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Its all about equality.

11-20-2005, 05:48 PM
hitting girls with a closed fist = bad.

MelK
11-20-2005, 05:50 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/PHSCOLORGUARD/bhamscreenpic688.jpg

Calling lawyer now....

TheMainEvent
11-20-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hitting girls with a closed fist = bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proper technique:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/christmas/gallery/nov04_zoe_sharon.jpg

diebitter
11-20-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She got it right the second time, I take it?

trying2learn
11-20-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ashamed

[/ QUOTE ]

any other answer sucks - IMHO.

11-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Um, she hit him first. He was perfectly justified in smacking her.

Vavavoom
11-20-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Um, she hit him first. He was perfectly justified in smacking her.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
but after a little more time we made up and are still friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were friends...This wasn't a random chick !!

Rotating Rabbit
11-20-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you furnish with an example of such a case?

11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
http://www2.telegraaf.nl/multimedia/archive/00032/kelly_jpg_32741c.jpg

daryn
11-20-2005, 06:44 PM
i think it was justified. nobody is above a little physical contact. if she PUNCHED YOU AND BUSTED YOUR LIP OPEN, i couldn't fault you for hitting back.

Vavavoom
11-20-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if my life or any member of my familys was in danger to any degree....I could happily hit a woman....

ilya
11-20-2005, 06:46 PM
"They wanted to be equal...I made her equal."

Yeti
11-20-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a good thread about this topic a few months back.

As for examples, if a woman was trying to stab me, she would be hit. Someone in that thread was attacked by a nutter in a bar who tried to glass him for no reason. Obviously punching here is also fine.

TheMainEvent
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a good thread about this topic a few months back.

As for examples, if a woman was trying to stab me, she would obviously be hit. Someone in that thread was attacked by a nutter in a bar who tried to glass him for no reason. Obviously punching here is also fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a woman attacks you, the idea is to do what is necessary to end the situation. If she has a weapon then punching her is necessary. If she is half your size and unarmed there is no reason you should have to do this.

Equal rights can't just take in the good.

ilya
IMO her gender is incidental. What is relevant is whether his and her strength are in the same ballpark. The closer that is to being true, the more justified he was in hitting her.

Yeti
11-20-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When a woman attacks you, the idea is to do what is necessary to end the situation. If she has a weapon then punching her is necessary. If she is half your size and unarmed there is no reason you should have to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't realise there was a universally accepted 'idea' for situations like these.

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating.

FWIW, I think the guy in that thread just skimmed her pretty hard into a pool table.

-Skeme-
11-20-2005, 06:54 PM
You guys aren't acknowledging the main factor.. this being it was his natural reaction to being punched in the face, not a planned attack. He didn't get punched and then think, "I'm gonna beat up a woman."

If he got hit, then chased her down and smacked her, sure, be ashamed.. but a good punch to the face will make almost anybody swing back instantly before realizing it's a chick.

TheMainEvent
11-20-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't realise there was a universally accepted 'idea' for situations like these.

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I said if she has a weapon you should punch her. A bottle counts.

Yeti
11-20-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, cool.

You are walking down a dark alley and five large women start attacking you with their bare fists. What do you do?

BadBoyBenny
11-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Don't do either. Be proud of your brother for teaching that bitch it is not ok to assault people.

daryn
11-20-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO her gender is incidental. What is relevant is whether his and her strength are in the same ballpark. The closer that is to being true, the more justified he was in hitting her.

[/ QUOTE ]

undeniably correct sir

some people think you can never hit someone with a vagina

TheMainEvent
11-20-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, cool.

You are walking down a dark alley and five large women start attacking you with their bare fists. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only said you shouldn't hit one woman who is half your size.

-Skeme-
11-20-2005, 07:03 PM
There's only so much a bitch should be allowed to get away with.

tdarko
11-20-2005, 07:07 PM
your brother shouldn't have actually close fist punched her in the face for that. it sounds like she was flirting with your bro, then b/c she was hammered she accidentaly went too far with the last punch and got him.

i would have just made her feel like the drunk c*nt that she was being, but no reason to actually hit her for that.

dblgutshot
11-20-2005, 07:30 PM
I think grabbing her boobies would be better than punching her.

MCS
11-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't think it's funny, but I don't think it's so awful either.

I'm vocal and passionate about my hatred of domestic violence. But this situation isn't about one person using fear or pain to gain power. It's about drunk people getting overly physical. It went a a little far, and that's too bad.

Not a big deal.

Blarg
11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Anyone who attacks you deserves the same force back, or more if it will prevent more serious injury. Man or woman. It's just not always practical to do so. And the law will likely not take your side if a woman is involved no matter what she did to provoke it and how measured and fair your response was. Additionally, bystanders will generally not support your side of the story and may even lie about it, as hitting a woman is one of those things people tend to make hard and fast rules about that they are happy to apply pretty much without thought. Plus, people love drama and most of all the chance to show or think themselves morally superior, so they will tend to support whatever outcome most distances them morally from one of the parties, even if they have to make up events wholecloth to do it.

You can't do the same thing in differing circumstances without being willing to accept a different outcome every time. An outcome that could include painting a picture of you as a violent attacker on a woman is not an acceptable outcome for most people. I'd tread lightly, even if you were hurt much worse for it. Fair may be fair, but equal retaliation could get you screwed pretty hard. There's no way you'll survive a made-up sob story on a woman's part if she decides to get other people involved.

For what it's worth, you can take off someone's head with a slap just like you can with a punch. If I were going to hit a woman who was going nuts on me, I'd be much more likely to either trip or throw her, like your brother did, try to block and shove her away if it looked like that was possible, or only hit her with an open hand. Best of all is to not hang around with psychos in the first place, or even leave the scene. Or change the emphasis to something non-violent, like an armwrestling competition.

Clarkmeister
11-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Somewhere there's a Chris Rock gimmick account just waiting to respond to this thread.

Cry Me A River
11-20-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unleash the 5-year-olds, of course!

(Or was it 10-year-olds?)

antidan444
11-21-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the soul of OOT is starting to sink into you when, as you look at this photo, this is your first thought:

1 out of 10.

TheMainEvent
11-21-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the soul of OOT is starting to sink into you when, as you look at this photo, this is your first thought:

1 out of 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that girl is a 1? A 1 is like tubgirl dude. Even with a [censored] up eye she is at least a 3-4

antidan444
11-21-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 out of 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that girl is a 1? A 1 is like tubgirl dude. Even with a [censored] up eye she is at least a 3-4

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be the only OOT member smart enough never to have watched that video.

The specific ranking wasn't really the point, anyway.

TheMainEvent
11-21-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only a pic, not a video. At least I think it's only a pic. Now I'm going to have nightmares tonight at the thought that there might be a video.

Isura
11-21-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

p.s. he probably could have done something else other than punch her in the face - but it's not unreasonable

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. She lost her temper, punched him. He did the same in retaliation. Neither of them were correct, but this [censored] happens sometimes. She sounds like one annoying girl btw.

antidan444
11-21-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only a pic, not a video. At least I think it's only a pic. Now I'm going to have nightmares tonight at the thought that there might be a video.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was probably wrong. Insert 'seen the picture' where 'watched the video' was.

11-21-2005, 12:59 AM
She would be pretty hot without the F'ed up eye

antidan444
11-21-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She would be pretty hot without the F'ed up eye

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda wish the photo was from the side, so I could see just how far that goose-egg sticks out. Reminds me of the Hasim Rahman disaster.

miajag81
11-21-2005, 01:45 AM
As I recall tubgirl was pretty attractive other than the fountain of poop

TheMainEvent
11-21-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As I recall tubgirl was pretty attractive other than the fountain of poop

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't my memory of it at all. But I'm gonna go ahead and let you be right this time cause I'm not gonna look at that picture.

astroglide
11-21-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm gonna go ahead and let you be right this time cause I'm not gonna look at that picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty weak

Alobar
11-21-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

undeniably correct sir

some people think you can never hit someone with a vagina

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn is right