PDA

View Full Version : 7/8b hand - give me a line start to finish

fnord_too
11-20-2005, 03:41 PM
I hate it when I don't know wtf to do, and I really hated this hand for that reason.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (4.35 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

6th Street - (7.35 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River - (10.35 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (13.35 BB)

mscags
11-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I would fold fourth, you appear to be behind in both directions. Having stayed in, I play the rest the same.

greenage
11-20-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold fourth, you appear to be behind in both directions. Having stayed in, I play the rest the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right about the fold on fourth, even if I couldn’t find one there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having made it to fifth with a relatively clean open-ender, what do you think about raising to get Seat 4 out. His play smells like split queens to me.

mscags
11-20-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right about the fold on fourth, even if I couldn’t find one there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having made it to fifth with a relatively clean open-ender, what do you think about raising to get Seat 4 out. His play smells like split queens to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a point can be made for that, the thing is though if he has a four flush he isn't folding no matter what, not to mention it wont cost hero just one more bet, because the low hand will surely reraise. Its very possible that hero is behind in both directions.

bygmesterf
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise on 5th with a double gutshot low. I think there are too many dead spades out to worry about a completed flush at the point.

After 5th I call this one down.

Andy B
11-21-2005, 12:54 AM
I don't really like the idea of raising fifth. I don't think the Queen is going to fold anything that we want him to fold.

Other than that, my observations are basically the same as Scags'.

benwood
11-21-2005, 04:09 AM
3rd:I would raise with this hand,but the call is probably as good or better.
4th:Your hand is not as good as it looks now.Seat 8 could easily be on a better low draw.It would be better if he has another A in the hole.If you had raised 3rd,you might have a better feel for what's happening.
5th:Now if he's on a low,it's better than yours,unless it's an 8.I think you're screwed.
6th:Yea,you got a straight,but this looks bad.Nothing to do now but suck along.

fnord_too
11-21-2005, 10:24 AM
4th I thought was a little thin, but the pot was nice sized and I really wasn't affraid of someone behind me raising in this spot, so I decided to peel. (The fact that I fold so much on 4th street due to bricking may have influenced my judgement here.) The rest of the hand was just uncomfortable. With the 4 flush behind me, I was never sure where I stood high until after he failed to raise, and my low was pretty weak, but not awful.

At any rate, I scooped here.