PDA

View Full Version : Ivey vs Prahlad

The Truth
11-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I heard somewhere that ivey and prahlad played a lot on full tilt awhile back and prah smashed ivey.

Any details on this?

blake

Bartman387
11-20-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard somewhere that ivey and prahlad played a lot on full tilt awhile back and Ivey smashed Prah .

Any details on this?
blake

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

TheMainEvent
11-20-2005, 04:29 PM
What was kinda funny was Ivey would win a huge pot and then bounce immmediately without saying anything. I don't know if he meant to hit and run but it really set SR off.

fsuplayer
11-20-2005, 09:06 PM
i only scouted it a bit for 2 nights and both nights pra was up to 40-50k and ivey was at the original buy in.

AEKDBet
11-21-2005, 03:39 AM
yeah what fsu said. From what I saw Ivey was on the losing end.

benkahuna
11-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I read it in Phil Gordon's book.
I've heard it on the net.
I heard it from Gigabet's brother.

Spirit Rock makes more money online than anyone. He's taken good chunks of change from Mike Matusow, Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ivey were included in this group as well.

Apparently he's got this whole internet poker thingie pretty well figured out.

fsuplayer
11-21-2005, 11:20 AM
i dont know anything about gordon's book. is it a strategy guide?

and in what context is prahlad brought up?

cwsiggy
11-21-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know anything about gordon's book. is it a strategy guide?

and in what context is prahlad brought up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gordon's book is a book on no limit lessons. Mostly tourney related but can apply to cash games.

He profiles some players and calls Prahlad "BOW" - biggest online winner and goes over why his game is essentially "unbeatable.."
He basically says Prahlad sees cheap flops, and massivley overbets made hands and premium draws. He gives a hand EV example to explain the math on a typical Prahlad move.

dibbs
11-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I wouldnt call it "a lot" but it was a few days of a lot of multi-tabling. I remember Ivey beating up SR a bit at times but thats the swings of HUNL, I watched a fair amount over a few days and it seems prah was up in the end hard to tell for certain though unless someone watched all of it. I was curious if anyone had datamined it or something though for real results. Crazy how open and closed Iveys game was at times, even compared to SR.

More interesting/amusing a few days later was the big pot AQ high hand with matusow and the ensuing blowup.

This stuff is incredibly fun to type about when I have a term paper that needs to be finished by 1 pm.

TheWorstPlayer
11-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes, this was brilliant. There was good thread about it. MM called a big bet correctly with AQ high to win a big pot. There was a huge blowup afterwards with PF talking a lot of smack about how MM was terrible and was going broke, etc. MM talked a lot of smack back. And then got wiped out fairly quickly thereafter making some horrendous calls of more overbets.

11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He basically says Prahlad sees cheap flops, and massivley overbets made hands and premium draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does he play like this live too?

cwsiggy
11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't know.

TheWorstPlayer
11-21-2005, 09:10 PM
His bustout hand from the WSOP ME was somewhat comical.

Sponger15SB
11-21-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate for those who don't know his bustout hand.

TheWorstPlayer
11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

Bartman387
11-21-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for mentioning it then, it has really added to the conversation.

TomCollins
11-21-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He basically says Prahlad sees cheap flops, and massivley overbets made hands and premium draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did at the WSOP.

TomCollins
11-21-2005, 11:33 PM
I was at the table. I can't recall the exact action, but he had about 15k in chips, as did another player who was fairly aggressive. Flop is TJ3. Aggresive player bets around 1-2k?, Prahlad pushes, and is insta-called. Prahlad had Q9 and didn't catch.

TheWorstPlayer
11-21-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for mentioning it then, it has really added to the conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome.

TheWorstPlayer
11-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Here's your post from July:

[ QUOTE ]
Round 2, Blinds 50-100.

Happened at my table.

Aggressive Player #1 Limps. Aggressive Player #2 Raises to 300 or so. A few other players call, aggressive player #1 calls.

Flop is JT3 rainbow. Aggressive Player #1 Bets 1000. Aggressive Player #2 insta-pushes for 12,000. All fold, Aggressive Player #1 insta-calls.

AG#1 33
AG#2 Q9

Brick Brick.

ESPN came to film, said the guy who busted was some semi-famous player I never heard of. Prahlad Friedman, or something. I guess he's some young punk who won a bracelet 2 years ago or something. Oh well. I wonder if he plays on the internet, I bet I could crush him in some cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]
NH.

jhall23
11-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Dude your on fire lately.

Seriously I think you make me laugh more then any other poster.

TheWorstPlayer
11-22-2005, 12:37 AM
It's nice to be appreciated! Now comment in the change of heart thread! /images/graemlins/heart.gif