PDA

View Full Version : prison hierarchy

The Truth
11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
hows it work?

Is it based on the magnitude of your crime? Then down from there?

Whose the toughest?

Whose got the most connections?

Anyone spent any time in prison?

let me know whats up

blake

11-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Why do you need to know this? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

radek2166
11-20-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need to know this? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!!!

Prison scares me along with jail, snakes, heights women scorned and a gym full of 5 year olds.

Thythe
11-20-2005, 02:52 PM
The trick is kick someone's ass the first day, or become somebody's bitch. Then everything will be all right.

11-20-2005, 02:52 PM
There's not really a heirarchy. There is generally 10 or less "gangs" that a lot of people are in, and even those don't usually have a heirarchical structure. The point of these crews is that IF someone messes with one person in them, they are messing with the whole crew.

In prison, whoever the toughest guy is doesn't really matter, it's whatever gang that you don't want to mess with (i.e. - is most likely to beat the [censored] out of you / anyone you talk to). An individual person does not matter.

Connections? Well, about half the people in prison have a connection on at least something. Generally the latin guys have FAR more connections on more/better things though. Not really sure why. Here again is another reason for the crews: stepping on the toes of someone who has a specific market cornered AND is part of a crew is a good way to get your ass kicked.

11-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Bottom to top:

Child molesters
Rapists and other sex offenders
Drug offenders
Property crimes
Assault, etc
Murder

But as someone else already pointed out, group or gang affiliation now is more important in your placement in the hierarchy than the offense you were convicted of.

ChipWrecked
11-20-2005, 03:32 PM
In California, if you are Latino you will go into the gang that correlates to where you're from.

North of Bakersfield you're a Norte.
Bakersfield and south, you're Mexican Mafia.

You probably won't survive long any other way.

Me? I'm Aryan Brotherhood's bitch..... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rooster71
11-20-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Generally the latin guys have FAR more connections on more/better things though. Not really sure why.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is my understanding that Latins generally consider themselves as one gang when in prison (there are exceptions) regardless of their gang affiliation on the outside, whereas blacks and whites are more dispersed as far as gang affiliation.

housenuts
11-20-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Prison scares me along with jail, snakes, heights women scorned and a gym full of 5 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the difference between prison and jail???

rusellmj
11-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Jail is where you go when you've been in a fight or failed to pay a fine. Generally, you do short time here.

Prison is where you go when you commit armed robbery or rape. Generally you do many months to many years here.

11-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Jail is county, 12 months or less.

Prison is state.

Btw, jail is much worse than prison.

11-20-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Prison is state.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting, why is that?

Brainwalter
11-20-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Prison is state.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because of the armed robbers, rapists, and murderers.

11-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Well, several reasons. First and foremost, around here at least, the jails don't have a yard. This means that during your time there, you will never taste fresh air.

Second, there are TVs, weights, and activities in prison, none of which you will find in jail.

Third, the commissary (stuff you can buy) is much better in prison. You can get CD players, sunglasses, Nike shoes, and other decent stuff in prison. All you can really get in jail is junk food.

Lastly, believe it or not, the people in prison are generally much cooler. People in jail are jackasses who think they are going to get out soon (and usually are), so they don't ever want to be cool or get to know anyone. When you're locked up, time passes SO SLOW, so if you can actually talk with the other people in there, you'll at least have something to do.

There's some stuff I'm forgetting too, but these are some key issues. Oh also, prisons are much cleaner and nicer looking, as they are state funded and not dependant on how rich/poor the county is.

11-20-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Prison is state.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because of the armed robbers, rapists, and murderers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jail is where you go when you've been in a fight or failed to pay a fine. Generally, you do short time here.

Prison is where you go when you commit armed robbery or rape. Generally you do many months to many years here.

You are contradicting him? I would assume prison is worse?

11-20-2005, 05:34 PM
This guy has no idea what he's talking about, I promise. They don't just group everyone into the same area and assume it will be fine. There are different blocks according to the classification of your offense. I.E. if you are in there for drug trafficking, your cellmate won't be a rapist.

chesspain
11-20-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, several reasons. First and foremost, around here at least, the jails don't have a yard. This means that during your time there, you will never taste fresh air.

Second, there are TVs, weights, and activities in prison, none of which you will find in jail.

Third, the commissary (stuff you can buy) is much better in prison. You can get CD players, sunglasses, Nike shoes, and other decent stuff in prison. All you can really get in jail is junk food.

Lastly, believe it or not, the people in prison are generally much cooler. People in jail are jackasses who think they are going to get out soon (and usually are), so they don't ever want to be cool or get to know anyone. When you're locked up, time passes SO SLOW, so if you can actually talk with the other people in there, you'll at least have something to do.

There's some stuff I'm forgetting too, but these are some key issues. Oh also, prisons are much cleaner and nicer looking, as they are state funded and not dependant on how rich/poor the county is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another key issue is that jails have a much higher turnover of prisoners, meaning it is more difficult for both staff and other inmates to really get to know for whom to watch out.

FWIW, however, I know a county jail corrections officer who believes that the state prison here in NH is more dangerous than the county jail in which he works. Of course, this may just be a projection on his part based upon his belief that he is in a very safe, well controlled environment (which may or may not be true).

11-20-2005, 05:40 PM
For an officer, yeah I think prison is more dangerous.