PDA

View Full Version : Is this close?

jason_t
11-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I open raise Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG+1, MP1 3-bets and I cap. MP1 is 12.7/10.5/2 over 150 hands. I don't have much of a postflop read on him. My image is slightly LAGgy this morning. Probably not even worth mentioning.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he caps, I call.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, he raises, I

Nick C
11-20-2005, 02:32 PM
It seems like he's not very likely to have anything but either AA or 99. Why is he suddenly waking up again on that 9, though? Did he really still like his AA enough on the turn that he wanted to trap with it instead of capping, even though doing so is unlikely to win him any extra bets and will open him up to a river 3-bet when you have QQ?

Anyway, though, I would 3-bet and call a cap, and then if Villain showed me quads, which wouldn't surprise me, I would reflect on how I had nearly lost the max during this hand.

QTip
11-20-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I open raise Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG+1, MP1 3-bets and I cap. MP1 is 12.7/10.5/2 over 150 hands.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he caps, I call.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, he raises, I

[/ QUOTE ]

Played a hand just like this on Friday. He caught quads.

There really is no other (logical) explanation for his stop and go here. He obviously wasn't concerned about waiting for a non-spade on the flop, so I doubt he is on the turn. Really doubt he's 3 betting anything with a 5 in his hand or anything with a 9 without 2 of them.

In my hand, I 3 bet and tuimm and called after he capped.

Sometimes I just say, [censored] the poker gods if he caught his one outer, here's 2 more BBs you bitches. Of course, this all makes for great poker decisions.

MrEngenic
11-20-2005, 02:43 PM
In the heat of the battle this gets 3bet and capped by his 99.

jason_t
11-20-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the heat of the battle this gets 3bet and capped by his 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not where we are.

cnfuzzd
11-20-2005, 02:47 PM
if you folded this, i will be mad at you for several days...

im assuming you called.

peace

john nickle

Chris Daddy Cool
11-20-2005, 02:49 PM
3bet and its not close. seriously jason wtf is up with your posts this morning.

B Dids
11-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I 3-bet and call a cap. I think this is AA more than 99. If he does cap, I cry, but I call.

cnfuzzd
11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
fwiw, i also 3 bet and call a 4 bet, but im assuming jason doesnt do such things...

peace

john nickle

jason_t
11-20-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3bet and its not close. seriously jason wtf is up with your posts this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wtf is up with your new name?

MrEngenic
11-20-2005, 02:56 PM
If he's got AA he's got a serious tilt problem.

B Dids
11-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Assuming that AA makes a play like this just because of tilt isn't thinking carefully enough about the people playing against you.

QTip
11-20-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I 3-bet and call a cap. I think this is AA more than 99. If he does cap, I cry, but I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the thought process would be from someone playing AA this way?

MrEngenic
11-20-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that AA makes a play like this just because of tilt isn't thinking carefully enough about the people playing against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

From someone with those stats it's definately tilt.

B Dids
11-20-2005, 03:12 PM
I went through this for a whlie with jason on AIM. Obviously it's not a good line with AA.

Based on what jason told me about his earlier play, he's made some plays that would allow a guy who is playing a 12/10 style to think that he's a little crazy. I say this with the assumption that somebody playing 12/10 isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, even if they're smarter than the idiots who spray left and right. In short this means that he thinks jason can have a lone Q here.

My reasoning for AA over 99 is mostly just "there's more ways for him to have AA than 99 and this point", "people do stupid [censored] with AA when the board pairs" and "this is a ll game on party and the avg bear just isn't that sharp".

B Dids
11-20-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that someone with these sats holding AA makes a play like this just because of tilt isn't thinking carefully enough about the people playing against you.

MrEngenic
11-20-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that someone with these sats holding AA makes a play like this just because of tilt isn't thinking carefully enough about the people playing against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still stand by my statement

SippinSoma
11-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Deleted, didn't see PF action.

Entity
11-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Ugh. I 3-bet and begrudgingly call a cap. I don't think he slows down that quickly with 99 on the turn.

Rob

private joker
11-20-2005, 04:06 PM
The 3-bet is not close. Neither is the crying when he caps.