View Full Version : Responsibility

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 12:50 PM
In the last few days we've had...

...a thread asking how to get out of a ticket for running a red light

...a thread asking how to get out of a ticket for peeing on the beach

...a thread asking how to evade prosecution for illegal drinking

...a thread asking if someone should commit insurance fraud

This is getting way out of hand. Can the mods please make a sticky about taking responsibility for your actions?

splashpot
11-20-2005, 12:52 PM
There is no rule on this board against making unmoral decisions. There is a rule against useless posts. Like this one.

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no rule on this board against unmoral people. There is a rule against useless posts. Like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And p*ker players wonder why they get a bad rap.

splashpot
11-20-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no rule on this board against unmoral people. There is a rule against useless posts. Like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And p*ker players wonder why they get a bad rap.

[/ QUOTE ]
And the rest of the world follows the rules. You got it. Only poker players try to get out of tickets.

lgas
11-20-2005, 12:59 PM
You act as if it's our fault that we don't take responsibility for our actions. Jeez.

man
11-20-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no rule on this board against making unmoral decisions. There is a rule against useless posts. Like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this post is useless at all. and I think you missed OP's point. I don't think he's asking that people be punished for making unmoral decisions. I think he's just flabbergasted by how irresponsible people are here.

splashpot
11-20-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this post is useless at all. and I think you missed OP's point. I don't think he's asking that people be punished for making unmoral decisions. I think he's just flabbergasted by how irresponsible people are here.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with making a post asking about how to get out of a ticket. Yet he's asking for a sticky to prevent these posts.

trying2learn
11-20-2005, 01:12 PM
a couple more sticky's and we'll have to go to the second page for new posts...don't you think three is enough?

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
We wouldn't need a sticky if people would exercise COMMON SENSE.

Thythe
11-20-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We wouldn't need a sticky if people would exercise COMMON SENSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

To each his own. I hope you're not in the United States, you know internet gambling is illegal there.

man
11-20-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with making a post asking about how to get out of a ticket. Yet he's asking for a sticky to prevent these posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm. yeah that part was stupid. but I think it's a good idea to start some discussion about responsibility.

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I was being facetious about the sticky --- hopefully things will not get to the point where we really do need one.

Nonetheless, I'm still appalled at the lack of maturity on this board. If you do the crime, you do the time. No excuses.

11-20-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was being facetious about the sticky --- hopefully things will not get to the point where we really do need one.

Nonetheless, I'm still appalled at the lack of maturity on this board. If you do the crime, you do the time. No excuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lack of maturity on a board where half the members gamble for a living? You picked a bad spot...

InchoateHand
11-20-2005, 03:22 PM
What a mature outlook:

"If you do the crime, you do the time, no excuses."

Thats a highly sophisticated viewpoint that works closely in concert with issues of morality and responsibility!

Here's my contribution to this stellar thread:

"If you are brainless, you can always dress up asinine cliches as wisdom and responsibility!"

Woot!!! I'm mature too!

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 03:23 PM
So let me guess... a more mature outlook is... "I drove drunk, how can I get off easy?"

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The lack of maturity on a board where half the members gamble for a living? You picked a bad spot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

Los Feliz Slim
11-20-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be even stupider than the OP. But, it's close.

11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's that?

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't commit a crime then try and weasel my way out of it. So I guess I'm stupid. Yep, that's it.

11-20-2005, 03:35 PM
you also have to consider probably only half the posts about the behavior are true.