PDA

View Full Version : tilted (finally)

11-20-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm a very cool and collected person - very very little fazes me and to date I don't think I have gone on tilt at a poker table - at least till just now.....

Villain is LAG and has been throwing a $5-6 PF raise (12BB) 6 or so times in the last 20 hands..

Calling Stayshun is doing exactly what it says on the tin - and calling down to the river with any two - tho recently I've seen him fold twice to a push on the flop. Usually he calls it down tho and is getting the run of the cards at the moment.

I've played 60 hands till this one rest of the table are pretty solid - I've been dealt absolute junk till 6 hands ago I got AA - I raised PF - was reraised by villain from this hand was about to reraise all-in - and lost my connection.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

5 mins later when I got it back the hand was history and I was a little upset. (minor understatement - but hey)

had it not been for that lost AA hand I would have folded my Ace rag PF - as normal... I called to see the flop as I figured Villain has any 2 and my ace probably beats him - and if I miss the flop I can throw the hand away and next time I call this bet I'll have a real hand and clean up...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero ($58.45)
MP3 (calling stayshun)/ ($93.55)
CO ($12.08)
Button ($49.25)
SB ($77.90)
BB ($89.85)
UTG (Villain)/ ($10.40)
UTG+1 ($27.80)
MP1 ($45.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (Villain)/ raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11.5</font>, MP3 (calling stayshun)/ calls $11.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG (Villain)/ calls $4.40 (All-In).

Flop: ($34.15) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

looking at this now in the cold light of day - If I want to isolate Villain - (and thus limit my maximum loss to about $10) I need to push PF and not min raise - (or am I wrong here as well?) obviously to play correctly I muck this hand PF and wait for a better one...

Assuming you have also got yourself in this position and have to play this hand from here... what is the best option?