PDA

View Full Version : J8o BB.

11-20-2005, 10:10 AM
<font color="purple">At the table, this made my head hurt. </font>

<font color="blue">If it helps your decision any, UTG is 75/13/3.5 </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds,<font color="green"> Hero ?</font>

kapw7
11-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Why is that so hard? OK you have middle pair, flush+straight drawsbutI don't think you can get a lot of value by raising b/c of inverse impied odds. Your flush can lose to a better flush, your J,8 outs to a straight, your straight to JQ etc. And someone might already have made a straight or flush.

I hope you made a straight flush in the end

Vote4Pedro
11-20-2005, 12:50 PM
I bet the flop

eviljeff
11-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I'd definitely bet the flop. UTG stats are crazy aggressive - hope he pops you and protects your hand. given how you played it I think you have odds to peel on the flop.

DrunkHamster
11-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah I like a bet, if the guy's a maniac he will raise and blow away the field - in this case desirable as your draws are fairly weak and you could be ahead anyway...

DCWildcat
11-20-2005, 04:23 PM
grunch

Bet the flop. Bet a 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif on the turn

LoaferGee12
11-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Given your check, I would think this is a pretty easy call.

11-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Hmmmm... It's seems everyone wants to bet the flop.

I'm just wondering how often we expect a raise from UTG to knock out the rest of the field AND how often he's raising with a worse hand? Often enough by the responses.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green">What's the river plan?</font>

zuluking
11-20-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question?

11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have just put Hero?
Do you bet/fold with the aggressive on your right?
Do you check/call when it's one back to you?
Do you check/fold two back to you?
Do you check/raise if it's just the aggressive?
Do you overcall if everyone calls?
Do you bet/call the aggressive?
Do you bet/call if the aggressive's raise gets a caller?
Do you bet/3bet the aggressive?

NO. It's not a trick question.

hemstock
11-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Check and see what happens. The board is still scary. Obviously call if its just one back to you but I wouldn't put any raises in. There might be people with better hands in scared of the flush.

POKhER
11-20-2005, 07:31 PM
i think i get scared of the straight/Flush/So many callers... and C/C it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'd rather they pad the pot with junk and go for overcalls... Vs folding and being raised/reraised by stronger hands.

I guess a bet/Fold is an idea but what if UTG raises, another cold calls... Can you really call that?

Tell me why im wrong /images/graemlins/smirk.gif