PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 20/40 hand

blumpkin22
11-20-2005, 07:37 AM
Seat 2 is a solid Party regular. Seat 3 may or may not be Mike Emery. How well do you guys think everyone played this up until the river? What should Seat 7 do on the river? What if Seat 7 made a flush? Kings up?

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (5.05 SB)

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___double bets

5th Street - (5.53 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (8.53 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls

River - (14.53 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___?
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___?
Seat 7: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___?

frappeboy
11-20-2005, 12:34 PM
3rd: Clearly a call
4th: You've gotta bet here and hope you pick up the pot
5th: Now that you've gotten called by open 5s, you've really gotta put him on trip 5s. The other guy is most likely on a spade draw, but could be rolled up too. I think you should check/call 5th street to avoid getting raised.

6th: Now you are definitely behind since there are 2 hands that would have called you on 4th, 4 spades or trips, now that he hit another spade you can be 100% sure you are behind. This is definitely a check/call scenario. Not to mention the other guy probably has trip 5s too.

7th: Check the straight. I'd probably fold it too, the way the hand played i seriously doubt its good. If you make a flush you should check raise seat 2 since it traps the trip 5s in the middle. Also an advantage of checking the river with a flush is that if the guy with trip 5s raises an obvious flush, you can muck your flush and save a lot of money.

Michael Emery
11-20-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 3 may or may not be Mike Emery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actaully played with you this past week in this game, however, seat 3 wasnt me. If I was the three seat here and I called the double bet on fourth, I have trips with (A 5)5 5 nearly 100% of the time. I'd have to know the name of the 2 seat but if its one of the soild regulars you have a very easy fold on the river. Despite the pot offering huge odds to call with the strait it is surely no good here. Hard to lay down, yes, but surely no good given how the hand was played. Usually I'm all about paying off in a big pot, but against any of the soild regulars here calling the river is simply spewing.

Mike Emery

blumpkin22
11-20-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 3 may or may not be Mike Emery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike - I know it wasn't you; this is just an inside joke. After your joke post a while back, Roland and BeerMoney f[/i]ucked with me and started chatting with Seat 3 calling him Mike.

blumpkin22
11-21-2005, 12:01 PM
I'll give you a hint. Seat 2 had a King in the hole. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

blumpkin22
11-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Seat 7 checked, Seat 2 bet, and Seat 3 folded. Seat 7 called with the straight. Seat 7 showed King high (KQ in the hole) and Seat 2 took down the pot. I couldn't believe the bluff he tried to pull, and that it was so close to working.

frappeboy
11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
That's really amazing blumpkin, I think I would have folded the river incorrectly most of the time. Mark this player as capable of a bluff of this sorts and you are just gonna have to pay him off in any situation where you might have the best hand.

blumpkin22
11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's really amazing blumpkin, I think I would have folded the river incorrectly most of the time. Mark this player as capable of a bluff of this sorts and you are just gonna have to pay him off in any situation where you might have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Yeah, I was so surprised because like I mentioned I had seen this player play many many hands and never seen a bluff that absurd.