PDA

View Full Version : Warped blind structure

11-20-2005, 07:01 AM
I've been playing a lot of STT home games lately.
I've been winning the majority of them, but I'm not a consistent winner.

I think the biggest problem is that these games are often played with a warped blind structure; the blinds are increasing too fast.

Does anyone have any know how to play in these games?
(the worst game I've been playing was: 8 players, 20 chips(yes, only 20), blind 1-2 doubling every time a player lost)

Another big problem is that the game is often won in one hand. At some point all the players decides to put all of there chips in to the middle, 2 or 3 players go allin and the rest keep pushing! This type of game is of cause a blessing in money game, but in STTs it will give one player an extreme(unbeatable) chiplead.
How do you avoid, cope with or take advantage of this phenomenon?

11-20-2005, 07:34 AM
which site is that doubling blind game at? that sounds like a blast.

11-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Home games.

Sabrazack
11-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Starting with 10x BB is retarded. It will still be beatable playing vs bad players though. It does sound more like a lottery than poker though. I suggest you suggest to your friends that you start using more than 10xBB for starting stacks.

11-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Well yes that is my point!
10*BB is lottery.
But if you can't change the game; beat it!

I was asking about tips to crush those maniac home STT, where players bet(and call) allin with there runner runner draw to the second best hand.

Sabrazack
11-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Well... You play your regular 10xBB SNG game.. thats pretty much it. I really don't have time to tell you about all possible situations. And them calling with runner runner draws is nice. Sounds like you could have a pretty darn good $/h if they suck this bad.

11-20-2005, 08:57 AM
10*BB is of cause the worst case.
However:
I can't believe that I'm the only poker player that've come across these type of games. And no the $/h isn't that good! First off: there isn't that much money involved in home STT.
And second: the blind structure and the (sometime) extreme aggression, takes away some of the edge that a better player has! (I don't play in those games to win $, I play in those games to socialize, but I still want to win)
I.e. my post; Does anyone have any overall strategic thought about how to play in these type of games?

And please; do not answer if you only have negative comment on my post.