PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning from limit ring game to no limit sitngos

I am fish
11-20-2005, 05:20 AM
After playing limit ring games for about 1.5 years, I am interested on working on my no limit sitngos from scratch. I started playing UB 5+.5 and am playing 10+1 there now.

In your opinion, what are the best sites to play at in terms of bad opponents and structure?

And if you could recommend a good sitngo book so I can gather a quick foundation of sitngo concepts.

Thanks!

11-20-2005, 05:22 AM
For the best structure, and some pretty awful players go to PokerStars, there's currently a 20% upto $120 reload bonus there too.

Harrington on Hold'Em, Vol 1 & Vol 2 are both well worth reading and have helped my tournament game no end.

runner4life7
11-20-2005, 05:26 AM
I suggest party poker because the players are terrible and most importantly the game isnt that deep because you start with 800 chips in the $30 buyins and under and blinds go up every 10 hands starting at 10/15 and at 50/100 at lvl 4 so they go up very fast. You will need to learn how to play aggresively and steal blinds well. If you are serious about doing this getting eastbays SNG power tools is a must. This program allows you to compute whether going all in or calling all ins is +or- EV. Hope this helps

11-20-2005, 06:02 AM
i'm doing the same, i use party for everything 10+ and plan on getting HoH and probably that power tools program (though it's awfully expensive).

ZeroPointMachine
11-20-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm doing the same, i use party for everything 10+ and plan on getting HoH and probably that power tools program (though it's awfully expensive).

[/ QUOTE ]

"that power tools prgram" is the single best investment you could make. Many elements of correct STT strategy are very counter intuitive and the math to analyze individual hands is too cumbersome to be practical by hand.

11-20-2005, 06:15 AM
maybe he should charge even more for it then /images/graemlins/smile.gif