PDA

View Full Version : Player Inquiries

El Ishmael
11-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Hey,

This question might totally suck but this place seemed alright for it.

I'm just looking for brief info on the following players on Stars:

TillerMan
JERRRY
Hassan
H@££INGGOL

Anything you can share I would appreciate.

11-20-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

This question might totally suck but this place seemed alright for it.

I'm just looking for brief info on the following players on Stars:

TillerMan

[/ QUOTE ]

Long-time pro, goes back to the pre-internet days, and was a regular at the $40/$80 omaha and hold'em games. His name is Jim Stiller, I've actually had lunch with him a few times (friend of a friend). I've never actually played with Jim but from what I hear he's a very strong TAG limit hold'em player who likes to frequently jam in position with weak hands, draws, etc. Better against weak opposition.

[ QUOTE ]
JERRRY

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob Feldstein, good friend. Good at a wide variety of games; if he played more tournaments he might even be a well-known name. Just celebrated his 25th birthday, threw a big thing at some LA club. Very typical LAG player, good short-handed. Bob supposedly makes a killing online, but is actually pretty easy to beat live if you know what you're doing, especially in no limit and split pot games. Whenever he has a pair above nines preflop he flares his left nostril. Otherwise, pretty solid and hard to put on a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Hassan

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Hasan Habib, lot of people make that mistake. Actually a top Korean pro named Jin Li Chiu. I sat down with him once in a $10/$20 no limit game and he cut me apart. Plays too few hands imo but very good at extraction, very tricky. Rumor has it he hasn't left his house in years. Sometimes overplays big non-nut hands postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
H@££INGGOL

[/ QUOTE ]

H@££INGGOL is for my money the best online no limit player around right now. Absolutely terrifying hand reader, very LAG. She's actually Olga Varkonyi, wife of 2002 WSOP champ Robert Varkonyi (not a lot of people know that, so shh /images/graemlins/wink.gif ). I've actually never met Olga personally, and I would never sit with her when she's online obviously, but I'm decent friends with her hair stylist, and from what I've heard Robert showed her the basics a few years back but the instincts just came out of nowhere. I have it on good authority that she's made well over $3,000,000 playing online, which is disgusting. Them's Prahlad numbers.

Hope that helps.

M.B.E.
11-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Is this response supposed to be a joke? If so, I don't get it. The information about "Hassan" is wrong; I don't know about the others.

11-21-2005, 02:43 AM
TillerMan was a former pro gamer (online video games). Was one of the best starcraft/warcraft players in the world.
He quit pro gaming and started playing NL hold'em like a couple years ago and moved up to high stakes very quickly.

He got a blog at http://www.tillerman.org/