PDA

View Full Version : Playing the BB

tjh
11-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Looking for some advice on BB play.

If it is folded to the button who calls and the SB completes and I look down to see Ace - Ten or better I push. I suppose that this is standard with any significant size blinds.

Depending on reads I will sometimes do this with Jack 5, or sometimes air.

If the Button folds and the SB merely completes instead of raises I will push with even less.

I sort of just play this position by feel.Some games it hardly seems relevant what you do in this situation because you have aggressive players and it is rarely limped to you in the BB.

I have been playing at Absolute lately and started to notice how I play from the BB. I guess you see twice as many hands at the big stack sites so you notice little things a little more.

Not much insight here I guess but I wonder if anyone has a well thought out and easilly explained method of playing in the BB that they would like to share.

My basic strategy is, develop your reads, punish limpers from the BB if there are enough chips in the pot to warrant it.

--
tjh

The Yugoslavian
11-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Hope this isn't in level 1, /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav

tjh
11-20-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hope this isn't in level 1, /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance, the blinds have to be significant. Like I said I have been playing absolute lately and the big stacks mean that you see more hands. So I just started analyzing my BB play.

On party it seemed to matter less.
Level 3 and beyond maybe ?

--
tjh

FlyWf
11-20-2005, 03:52 AM
Dude, if J5 is 'as opposed' to "air" what do you have when you push with "air"? Uno cards? "Rules for draw and stud poker"?

citanul
11-20-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My basic strategy is, develop your reads, punish limpers from the BB if there are enough chips in the pot to warrant it.

[/ QUOTE ]

deep dude.

me, i like the *only slightly less specific* rule like this one:

i try to play well all the time.

c