PDA

View Full Version : Party's waitlist booting bug -- are we any closer to understanding it?

teddyFBI
11-19-2005, 11:34 PM
In the 2 yrs I've played Party, it's never once gotten any better (might even have gotten worse).

Yet my friend tells me that he's NEVER been booted from a waitlist on Party. It happens to me many times / session.

Do we have any idea what causes this thing -- so I won't do it anymore?? -- i can't make out any distinguishing pattern or behavior to associate with it. It sure is aggravating as hell though. Is it just general Party sh:ttyness??

SoftcoreRevolt
11-20-2005, 12:03 AM
It definately seems worse lately, I wish they'd figure it out. I certaintly can't. Everytime I think I have it figured out, a new variable is added in.

Lestat
11-20-2005, 12:03 AM
I never get booted off a waiting list, but sometimes two or more games will pop up simultaneously and if you hit the 2nd one the seat will already be reserved. That can get aggrevating, but if you slide the 2nd one down and choose the 1st one, you usually won't have a problem. Not sure why you're getting completely booted off the list if that's what you mean.

teddyFBI
11-20-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never get booted off a waiting list, but sometimes two or more games will pop up simultaneously and if you hit the 2nd one the seat will already be reserved. That can get aggrevating, but if you slide the 2nd one down and choose the 1st one, you usually won't have a problem. Not sure why you're getting completely booted off the list if that's what you mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me -- those of us who have this bug know EXACTLY what i'm talking about. Watch as you painfully slowly inch ur way up the WL on that dream table, then all of a sudden you're completely removed from the WL, and so u have nothing left to do but get back on it as #14 out of 14.

cardcounter0
11-20-2005, 12:51 AM
But now you can play blackjack while you wait.

Enjoy!

x2ski
11-20-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me -- those of us who have this bug know EXACTLY what i'm talking about. Watch as you painfully slowly inch ur way up the WL on that dream table, then all of a sudden you're completely removed from the WL, and so u have nothing left to do but get back on it as #14 out of 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely off the top of my head, but...

Sometimes I am able to open a table with say 9 people in the waiting list and there's an open seat. This occurs only every so often, and it is rare when I react fast enough to take it before it goes back to "reserved" status.

Is it possible that you are one of the unlucky ones who is next in line when some random dude/table sniper snags the seat before you get a chance? Then, since you were next in line, the software assumes you have taken the seat and removes you from the list.

It probably happens to me, too... But getting all my tables set up at the beginning of a session is a very stressful and disorganized half-hour so I guess I don't notice.

Just a thought.

edfurlong
11-20-2005, 01:05 AM
I sometimes grab the seat when it opens for a sec. Sorry if I'm messing with your world teddy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lestat
11-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Man that would suck! I wonder is it because you're choosing individual tables? I'm a little lazy when it comes to game selection. I just hop on "any" and take the first 6 seats that open.

edfurlong
11-20-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man that would suck! I wonder is it because you're choosing individual tables? I'm a little lazy when it comes to game selection. I just hop on "any" and take the first 6 seats that open.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

d10
11-20-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely off the top of my head, but...

Sometimes I am able to open a table with say 9 people in the waiting list and there's an open seat. This occurs only every so often, and it is rare when I react fast enough to take it before it goes back to "reserved" status.

Is it possible that you are one of the unlucky ones who is next in line when some random dude/table sniper snags the seat before you get a chance? Then, since you were next in line, the software assumes you have taken the seat and removes you from the list.

It probably happens to me, too... But getting all my tables set up at the beginning of a session is a very stressful and disorganized half-hour so I guess I don't notice.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also do this, but it happens all the time for me, and it's rare that the seat fills up before I have a chance to get it. I actually get into most of my games this way. I'm probably screwing someone over each time, but I don't really care.

newhizzle
11-20-2005, 01:59 AM
ive noticed it sometimes happens when im on a few waitlists and then i open up another table and join its waitlist, but this is only sometimes and it happens sometimes when i do nothing also, i dont know if that really has anything to do with it, it just seems to happen more right when i open a new table or join a new waitlist

im always afraid to open more tables once im in line

11-20-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

If we could only place side bets as to whether or not we're gonna get booted. That would be sweet gold!

I'd even consider becoming a wait list boot pro!!!1!

grjr
11-20-2005, 04:34 AM
I also never use the waitlist. I just jump on a one-person-short table somewhere near the top of the money per hand list. Works great.

When Party was counting down for the 3 billionth hand deal there were 30 to 40 people in the waitlists for all the .50/1.00 tables. I just scooted in and got on four 6 max tables in about 30 seconds.

11-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I avoid the 14 wait lists. Full of sharks smiling at the AvgPot stats.

CORed
11-20-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I wanna get on a table so I can make the flop color side bet.