PDA

View Full Version : AJo Hand

McGahee
11-19-2005, 10:58 PM
No reads because I suck at updating Gametime when players leave tables. Seriously - I'm not lazy, just incompetent.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

All streets are up for debate I think.

11-19-2005, 11:01 PM
I love it, so long as you are calling the river.

DrewOnTilt
11-20-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads because I suck at updating Gametime when players leave tables. Seriously - I'm not lazy, just incompetent.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

All streets are up for debate I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question about the turn play:

You say that you have no reads, so how sure are you that Button is betting with air here?

McGahee
11-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Good quesion - I'm not really sure. I just figured most people would've bet the flop with anything at all when they're last to act after 4 people checked to them.

olavfo
11-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Raising AJo from BB in a 5-way pot is questionable. It's not a good multiway hand. You might have a little preflop edge, but I would pass on that and take a look at the flop for free.

After the flop I would not get involved with my two naked overcards, but if you choose to bluff raise the turn, you need to carry through and bet the river.

Nick C
11-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Preflop, I would just check.

After I raised instead, I would not auto-bet this flop, versus four opponents.

On the turn, I would wonder if Button was firing with a draw (or if he was even just taking a stab), and I'd think about checkraising but then probably decide against it. The play seems all right to me, though.

On the river, I think check-calling is fine. I doubt Button will fold a better hand, and I don't see him calling with a worse one. One reason to bet is in the hopes of driving out an equal hand, but I don't think it will be easy to get rid of an ace on this board, after the unusual action so far.