PDA

View Full Version : Raise for Value or Spewing?

11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Villain is 77/18/.6 over 20 hands.

Not a lot of information on him but he does play a little wild from what I have seen.

Do you guys raise here? If so you still call the 3 bet, right?

benkath1
11-19-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[ QUOTE ]
If so you still call the 3 bet, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

11-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Assuming villain isn't a complete maniac preflop he doesn't have 75 or 52. The only hands beating you then are AA or any two hearts. The fact that the A of hearts is already on the board makes the flush less likely as it means villain can't have it with AKs. That means he must be able to 3-bet KQs or worse preflop to have the flush. With the limited reads you had I think you played it fine. Actually, with more reads, I think the interesting question is whether or not to cap the river. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BriPlay
11-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Pls excuse the length of this reply..it seems a good one to try and reconstruct what this guy has..
Im interested in others views of how i break this down..
OK
he 3 bets raise and call PF. calls to river then bets out.
What could he be holding?
AA, QQ, AK, maybe JJ. AQs is possible, maybe TT, even A5s is possible but unlikely even for a loose player.
When Ace comes on turn, he can't have AQ or AJhearts, you have King, so KQ hearts is out..I dont see how he can have flush. Hard to believe he's pushing TT, JJ, or QQ at this point.
So what's left?
AA, AK, maybe A5s? Gotta think AA, but hope for AK.
IF he has AA, well good for him.

So, I guess, raise away, and call reraise.

comments?

Brian

BriPlay
11-19-2005, 07:37 PM
oops..A5 is no good..
if only i could read /images/graemlins/smile.gif
brian

BriPlay
11-19-2005, 07:40 PM
K hearts is in heroes hand so KQ hearts is not a possibility.

If the turn call bet out on river didnt smell SOO much like AA, I'd cap..but here Im gonna just call.

Brian

2+2 wannabe
11-19-2005, 07:40 PM
nh - perfectly played

Felipe
11-19-2005, 09:29 PM
i vote spewing. River is a bad card for you. any random 5 beats you too. with 77VPIP he can have anything really. KQs or KJs are candidates, no?

11-19-2005, 09:31 PM
yes, raise the river. if that person is 3 betting PF with QJs or lower, make a note and move on.

Felipe
11-19-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, raise the river. if that person is 3 betting PF with QJs or lower, make a note and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 77/18/.6 over 20 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like a LAP or LAA to me. I've seen 3 betting preflop with A3o and A5s and 66. I still think raising is spewing. After he 3bets the river, and I glance down to see his AF 0.6, then I think that tells me I'm beat. I think many (most) lowlimit players don't bluff re-raise the river.

Brain
11-19-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i vote spewing. River is a bad card for you. any random 5 beats you too. with 77VPIP he can have anything really. KQs or KJs are candidates, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Hero has K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and a 5 only makes 4 to a straight.

I'm figuring AA after the river 3bet, but raise/call looks good here.

Felipe
11-19-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Hero has K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and a 5 only makes 4 to a straight.

I'm figuring AA after the river 3bet, but raise/call looks good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys. The Villain was a totally donkey and 3 bet me with Q9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. If he didn't 3 bet preflop, I think the raise would be a bit harder, but because of the 3 bet preflop, I figure he had 99+ or 2 big broadway cards. Since I have the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif is out I really discounted the flush. I felt that he may have been trying to bluff me off the hand. In reality he was just a ridiculously lucky donkey. I didn't matter though. He was so bad, I just got it back plus some on later hands.

After more hands with him, he turned out to be a maniac with 90/30 stats. I definitely made a note on him and put him on my buddy list.