PDA

View Full Version : The best TV show you aren't watching is...

KneeCo
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
... 'Veronica Mars'.

I don't even think this show is on here (I'm in Canada, it's on UPN in the States), but a while back someone recommended it to me so I downloaded the first season and breezed through it in like 10 days (exceptionally fast for me since I don't watch much TV). Ever since then I've caught up with the second season and am loving the show.

Any brown trouts watching this?

fluxrad
11-19-2005, 06:13 PM
This show airs on UPN and therefore sucks by inference.

tdarko
11-19-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best TV show you aren't watching is...

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't know what it is since i am not watching it...but i am willing to take suggestions.

uw_madtown
11-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Best shows I wasn't watching until recently:
Arrested Development
The Office
Lost

Shows that I'm not watching but probably should be:
Everybody Loves Chris
My Name is Earl

fluxrad
11-19-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arrested Development

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - Which is once again the best show you're not watching.

tdarko
11-19-2005, 06:36 PM
i was at best buy yesterday and contemplating between arrested development and the office season dvd's, which do you suggest? and if you suggest the office its obviously the bbc version correct?

uw_madtown
11-19-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arrested Development

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - Which is once again the best show you're not watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i was at best buy yesterday and contemplating between arrested development and the office season dvd's, which do you suggest? and if you suggest the office its obviously the bbc version correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend AD over The Office. Although in my post I meant the American version -- I'd seen the BBC version awhile ago. The BBC version is the better of the two, but the American version really is underrated. Once they got past the pilot (which was essentially a remake of the British pilot), it has really come into it's own.

fluxrad
11-19-2005, 06:48 PM
AD - though I've only seen something like two episodes. I don't understand the british sense of humor aside from Monty Python. I never go into The Office. I bought season one and watched a couple of episodes, but otherwise the thing just sits on the shelf. It's not the situational stuff that's unfunny, but rather the acting/directing. I can't get over that stiff, uncomfortable "brit" feel the show has. The American version was even worse.

I tried watching Red Dwarf for a while too when my ex roommate was watching it. I couldn't get into that either, although a couple of episodes were fscking hilarious.

Meh. Give me Family Guy, South Park, and The West Wing and I'm a happy man. Oh, and that show that no one will admit to liking: Law & Order.

TheCroShow
11-20-2005, 06:04 AM
i have never seen an episode of the following:

ER, 24, Arrested Development, House, The Office, The Amazing Race, Alias...need I go on?

runner4life7
11-20-2005, 06:08 AM
im a huge fan of the office, and something about earl right before it is good if for no other reason than to kill time until the office.

diebitter
11-20-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im a huge fan of the office, and something about earl right before it is good if for no other reason than to kill time until the office.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the whole series 1 of the office (american) on the train yesterday, and had to stop it at one point (diversity day), I was laughing so hard and getting lots of strange looks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gr8vertical
11-20-2005, 06:30 AM
LOST
My Name is Earl

Vavavoom
11-20-2005, 06:02 PM
The best TV show you aren't watching is... or ones that I have never watched...

Lost
Sopranos
Family Guy
West Wing

Most other programs that are on the telly at the moment...

JonPKibble
11-20-2005, 06:04 PM
The Lone Gunmen!!!

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Lost, Family Guy.

Just started watching West Wing about three months ago. Thanks to Bravo and TiVo, I'm pretty much caught up, except for parts of 2003-2004.

diebitter
11-20-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Lone Gunmen!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about DVD sets, not ones currently showing?

If so, I say 'Dream On'

dblgutshot
11-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Veronica Mars is on in Canada. I've seen episodes on CTV before but never watched an entire one.

HtotheNootch
11-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Veronica Mars - it's opposite Lost
House - it's opposite My Name is Earl

Sightless
11-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Penn and teller bulls**t

BottlesOf
11-20-2005, 07:57 PM
I think for me it's Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break, The Office or Veronica Mars.

11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think for me it's Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break, The Office or Veronica Mars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Grey's Anatomy is pretty good. It's on tonight, you should try it.

BottlesOf
11-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Waaay too much other stuff on Sunday nights. Plus I don't want to get into a new show midseason, but I may check out the dvd eventually /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KingCon
11-20-2005, 09:20 PM
According To Jim, That 70s Show, Hope And Faith

PokerFink
11-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Pretty much the only shows I watch on a weekly basis are:

Nip/Tuck
Sopranos
Entourage

Other than that I'm watching a movie, watching something sports related, or playing video games. Or, you know, doing something productive like studying, reading, drinking or playing p****. I'm just not that big on TV.

lastchance
11-20-2005, 09:39 PM
This show pwnz, despite the rest of UPN not existing. Watch it.