PDA

View Full Version : Friday at Bally's second chance

Vincent Lepore
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
I played last night in Bally's $330 second chance tourney.

Men the Master was playing heads-up at the Pot Limit Holdem Final table at the same time. He's an interesting guy.

Anyway, there were 135 entries in my tourney. I doubled up in the first round by beating K,K with 9,9. Flopped a set after he had slow played before the flop. I had raised from late position and he smooth called in the BB. On the next round I had 6,2 in the big blind. This hand had an early limper. Flop was J,6,2. I bet, early limper raised I put him all in for around T550. Turn was a J, He had K,K and it was down hill from there.

I played, I believe, pretty well for the entire tournament. Again, the field was not very strong. My stack dwindled to 1100 with blinds of 1-200. I moved in once in each of two rounds and picked up the blinds. On the next round I was one off the button with A,6 and moved in my 1300. The button called T600 with Q,T and my stack grew to 2400. On the next hand the blinds went up to 150-300 with 50 blinds.

I went throught the blinds and my stack went down to ~ T1900. When I got to the button I had T1700. It was passed to me. I looked down and saw J,9o. I pushed. (A play I normally don't make.) The big blind called with K,Ts and I was out.

I talked this over with a few buddies, yes I have a few buddies, and they thought that moving in there was correct. I'm not sure. If moving in is right with a hand like J,9o is right what is the cutoff? Any two? I'm looking for opinions on my last hand.

Vince

SossMan
11-19-2005, 05:45 PM
assuming you don't have some super loose read on BB (or he has a huge stack) then pushing there seems fine w/ any 2.