PDA

View Full Version : Circumventing the censor filter

Lloyd
11-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I definitely like consistency among forums in terms of moderation. Not that we shouldn't have leeway and be able to use our own judgement but it's nice to have some guidelines to work within so people don't do something in one forum and get in trouble when they get away with it in another.

So, for people who intentionally bypass the censor filter what do people think is fair. I personally still like to give out a warning and not ban (or suspend) for first time offenses. Does anybody else handle it differently?

Surfbullet
11-19-2005, 04:35 PM
If it's a regular I edit their post so the word is properly censored, and put a message in the post about not bypassing the censor. I send a warning PM if necessary.

However, HUSH is a really clean forum and I've hardly had any trouble with this at all, and no temp suspensions have been necessary.

Surf

astroglide
11-19-2005, 04:38 PM
purposefully laboring toward such a juvenile and pointless end is lame. i don't encounter this, but i would have very little tolerance for it.

Lloyd
11-19-2005, 04:41 PM
I have no clue what you just said.

Lloyd
11-19-2005, 04:43 PM
This is pretty much the same as MTT and I agree 100% with your approach and have done the same. I only bring it up here because a mod from another forum posted in a thread in MTT where somebody did bypass the filter and suggested that we (the MTT mods) might go beyond a warning.

Surfbullet
11-19-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty much the same as MTT and I agree 100% with your approach and have done the same. I only bring it up here because a mod from another forum posted in a thread in MTT where somebody did bypass the filter and suggested that we (the MTT mods) might go beyond a warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has never been necessary in my experience, but I wouldn't hesitate to use stronger means if the need arose.

Surf