PDA

View Full Version : serously: my testical is hurting. should i be scared?

chessforlife
11-19-2005, 03:37 PM
before i went to bed yesterday, my testical was mildly to moderately aching. it's still aching 12 hours later.

do i have testicular cancer or something?

Brainwalter
11-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Maybe you should ask a doctor that.

edfurlong
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm not big on doctors, I'd go talk to one if I was worried about my boys though.

11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
One time my testical had a really dull but painful ache everytime I took a step or shifted wile sitting, this lasted about a day and then went away.

chessforlife
11-19-2005, 03:42 PM
yea, i'm gonna go see the ship doctor. gotta take advantage of military perks. he's pretty stupid though. lol!

swede123
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Come on guys, the nads deserve enough love to at least be spelled correctly. TESTICLE.

Swede

JackWilson
11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Although I'm not a doctor, I can say that I'm fairly sure it's not cancer. If something appears quickly and painfully, it's almost certainly not cancer. Cancer takes a very long time to come on and it does so painlessly, until close to the end.

Bradyams
11-19-2005, 04:09 PM
"Hey kids feel your balls, so you don't get cancer"
http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/people-142-tomgreen.jpg

CD56
11-19-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I'm not a doctor, I can say that I'm fairly sure it's not cancer. If something appears quickly and painfully, it's almost certainly not cancer. Cancer takes a very long time to come on and it does so painlessly, until close to the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

not always true

go see the doctor, could be any number of things,

torsion would be high on my list, meaning your nuts switched sides and are now causing you pain

this is why you should wear boxer briefs during sports

neorab
11-19-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
torsion would be high on my list, meaning your nuts switched sides and are now causing you pain

[/ QUOTE ]

My nuts hurt just reading that.

11-19-2005, 06:25 PM
http://www.knifesite.com/fullsize/ME5022-7.jpg

fluxrad
11-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Maybe you need to test-fire the rocket.

Or flick the other nut, so the first one won't feel like it hurts so bad.

diebitter
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Have you had a urine infection lately, or not been drinking enough for a few days (very strong urine is the clue). Or had unprotected sex?

You might be starting epididymitis/orchitis.

The hurts like demon buggery once it comes on, and needs sorting out immediately, so go see a doctor.

If it does come on, you'll have balls like grapefruits, but any pleasure this might bring will be offset by the tearing, screaming agony.

ryanghall
11-19-2005, 08:23 PM
You probably have a condition called prostatitis.
If so, it's not cancer and it doesn't increase your risk of prostate cancer.

Go to your doctor, he'll give you some pills and it'll go away.

Ryan

benza13
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, its just your balls, not like you use them.

Dex
11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
before i went to bed yesterday, my testical was mildly to moderately aching. it's still aching 12 hours later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a testicular torsion (twisted testicle) when I was 10 or 11 years old. There are supposed to be some ligaments or something to keep your testicles from rotating too far, but sometimes, for whatever reason, those fail. If this happens, your testicle can rotate too far and the blood supply to it (as well as the tubes leading from it) can be pinched shut as they become twisted. When this happened to me, my testicle swelled to about twice its size and I had a constant low stomach pain like you get when you have just been kicked in the nuts. This is nothing to fool with. If this is what you have, and it's not corrected soon enough, you may lose your testicle. When I had it, I was in such pain that there was no question about going to the doctor, so I have a feeling that this is probably not what you have, but it's better to be safe than sorry. (I've heard of some people having it where it wasn't as painful as mine was. Perhaps, sometimes, the blood supply isn't completely cut off or something?)

The other big possibility that comes to mind is epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis). I've never had this but I've heard it can get pretty painful if not taken care of.

Does anything feel either swollen or out of place?

In any case, don't screw around. See a doctor.

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I think it's safe to say that you've had more than your share of genital-related woes,sir.

Dex
11-19-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's safe to say that you've had more than your share of genital-related woes,sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

JonPKibble
11-19-2005, 09:40 PM
This thread is kinda funny, cause last night I was at a p*ker game, and this guy's kid was playing there (he is a great poker player). He had to stay home from school for a week cause he got hit in the nuts really hard playing sports. Everyone was making 'balls' jokes the whole time.

Ok this has nothing to do with the topic so I will shut up now.

TheTROLL
11-19-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should ask a doctor that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily the best advice I have ever seen on here. Ever.

11-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I had a buddy in the service end up with a horrible case of testicular torsion. They actually ended up removing his left testicle. Go see a doctor.

After the fact, he used it to pick up chicks. They thought it was cool.

Isura
11-19-2005, 10:33 PM
A doctor told that if they are harder than usual, it could be a sign of trouble. It doesn't hurt to get it checked by a doctor.

tolbiny
11-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Had this happen before. went to a registered nurse- after 20 mins of "are you sexually active"? she finally accepted that i didn't get laid,a dn told me i likely had an ecoli infection. antiobiotics cleared it up in a few days.

BadBoyBenny
11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Do they believe he can last twice as long?

ChipWrecked
11-20-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably shouldn't give medical advice, since you don't know what the [censored] you're talking about.

The ache from my testicular cancer came on within a day. After three weeks (about the time I was saying to myself, "[censored], I better go to a doctor"), the tumor went necrotic and ruptured. I've never felt pain like that in my life. After they did the ultrasound, the doc said that there was definitely a mass there and the nut had to come off. I said hurry the [censored] up.

adamstewart
11-20-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

The entire above post is inaccurate (except for, "go to the doctor").

Adam

adamstewart
11-20-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have said, go to a doctor - an 'after-hours' or 'walk-in' clinic ... or even an ER.

It's probably a case of epididymitis, which is an inflammation/infection of a part of the testes. This can be treated with a course of oral antibiotics.

It could be a few other things as well, though. Either way, you'll need a doctor.

Adam

ChipWrecked
11-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Since OP is at sea in the Navy, and he said the ship's doc is an idiot, and we haven't heard back in almost 12 hours, I figure he's either:

A) on watch, or
B) dead

diebitter
11-20-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since OP is at sea in the Navy, and he said the ship's doc is an idiot, and we haven't heard back in almost 12 hours, I figure he's either:

A) on watch, or
B) dead

[/ QUOTE ]

c) unable to move, as he's pinned to the floor with bollocks the size of pumpkins while writhing around in agony.

ChipWrecked
11-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Yeah I was trying to avoid contemplating that one.... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-20-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] are you to make a diagnosis and recommend a treatment?

The OP needs to see a doctor, and you need to not do this anymore.

diebitter
11-20-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other big possibility that comes to mind is epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis). I've never had this but I've heard it can get pretty painful if not taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolute, unendurable agony. I was on very, very strong painkillers with this, and still agony to even move a little. I thought they were rubbish painkillers till the symptoms eased a little (but not enough to stop the painkillers), and I then was completely off my head with the drugs for days, it was great!

It is still possible to jerk off while you have this, BTW.

This started with a small, consistent nagging sort of pain. I saw doctors twice before it flared up (2 in 2 days), and neither one diagnosed it properly (but they did confirm it was not testicular torsion, which they thought at first), so be a little wary of first diagnosis. Not saying doc is wrong, but just take care, is all.

diebitter
11-20-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a buddy in the service end up with a horrible case of testicular torsion. They actually ended up removing his left testicle. Go see a doctor.

After the fact, he used it to pick up chicks. They thought it was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.happyhunter.com/whataguy.jpg

11-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Sounds like you popped a nut. Definitely get a doctor to "check it out"