PDA

View Full Version : Button with 98o

istewart
11-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey,

A few decisions in this hand as I see it, or it might be pretty standard.

$1/2 5-handed.

UTG limper here is absolutely terrible preflop and pretty much just calls down postflop. Doesn't get aggro without a hand.

MP is showing to be loose but that's all I know.

Blinds are pretty passive overall.

UTG limps, MP limps, I limp OTB with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
SB completes and BB checks.

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP raises, I cold-call, SB 3-bets, only MP and I call.

Turn Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, we both call.

River J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB checks, MP bets, and I fold.

River is pretty obvious, but what do you think of the play before that?

EDIT: Also, what is your plan on a river blank?

Vote4Pedro
11-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Everything looks good to me...I usually raise the flop though

kapw7
11-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Perfect play I think.
FWIW I need to note that I have seen lately a lot of super passives to become very agressive with draws (usually flush draws). I was wondering if there is any explanation from psychology or if this is just a random observation.

11-19-2005, 03:33 PM
seems a pretty loose pf call. If you plan on turning up the heat on a safe turn card, I love post flop.

LoaferGee12
11-19-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SB's bet/3-bet definitely has us beat. I fold the turn.

LoaferGee12
11-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Uh, is everyone here just disregarding SB's 3-bet?

11-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I think someone needs to do some math here

Edit: And it ain't gonna be me

milesdyson
11-19-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with folding the turn.

Disconnected
11-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I like the line that you took. While a flop 3bet would also be OK, waiting for the turn to raise a safe card seems better, as equity could change a lot. On the turn, you've got pot odds to go for your boat.

If you trust the passive read, I have a hard time seeing how you win the pot, but I think you should call a bet, fold if it's raised. I'm not sure about whether to make an overcall on a river blank, though.

istewart
11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Looking back at it I agree that the turn is a fold, but it's fairly close, since my postflop read on SB was limited (sorry for not including that), and thus there are a number of huge draw hands he could be pushing on the flop that I have odds to draw against.

Disconnected
11-19-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're behind here, but behind to what? How many outs is our draw to a boat worth? I initially was giving pretty close to 4 outs, thinking if we're beat it's likely to be a flopped straight. But reflecting on it, if SB is beating us with a higher two pair or trips, our boat outs are not so clean.

milesdyson
11-19-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looking back at it I agree that the turn is a fold, but it's fairly close, since my postflop read on SB was limited (sorry for not including that), and thus there are a number of huge draw hands he could be pushing on the flop that I have odds to draw against.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm not disagreeing with the flop at all.

but when he leads the Q turn i want to say that these two things are more likely:
1. on the flop, he had a made hand better than yours.
2. he was pumping an oesd that has now come through on the turn.

benkath1
11-19-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't get why we are not 3-betting this flop. Too many opponnents/hearts/outs against us?

LoaferGee12
11-19-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm not disagreeing with the flop at all.

but when he leads the Q turn i want to say that these two things are more likely:
1. on the flop, he had a made hand better than yours.
2. he was pumping an oesd that has now come through on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to add that this is a fold against a typical opponent as well, given that Q on the turn.

istewart
11-19-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why we are not 3-betting this flop. Too many opponnents/hearts/outs against us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too many cards can come that really suck. Tens, hearts, jacks, queens, sevens are all pretty bad.

LoaferGee12
11-19-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too many cards can come that really suck. Tens, hearts, jacks, queens, sevens are all pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the cold-call here is fine.

McGahee
11-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Probably muck the turn. I like the flop coldcall a lot because you can raise a safe turn, but when the passive SB 3-bet he has bottom 2 beat, and you save yourself lots of bets by not 3-betting.

benkath1
11-19-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the cold-call here is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thanks.