PDA

View Full Version : Kids of the 90's --- Bad Parenting?

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Man these kids are growing up in an extreme sexual nation.

Whatever happend to nickelodeon showing Doug, and Saulute Your Shorts, Guts...etc. Now its a bunch of kids making out on couches and talking about relationships and sex at like 12. Crap, on my cable nickeolodeon is right after MTV.

You have 11-13 year old kids having sex parties and doing other sexual favors in school.

I donno about you all but I am 21 and never thought of doing any of that stuff at that age, and nor did my peers.

Is it bad parenting or what these kids are exposed to from the media and clothing companies etc.

Beer and Pizza
11-19-2005, 02:41 PM
We live in "Bill Clinton Nation"

Those who hit puberty after 1998 are different from those who hit puberty before 1998.

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 02:43 PM
* for the post, * for the signature, if there be a just God.

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Makes sense I guess. I mean instead of barbies for example they have these slutty brat dolls.
Its cool to dress like a [censored] now days....and kids have no discipline or self control.

I used to work security at our local mall and it was hell when these teenie boppers wandered around....I was never like that growing up. But i was also raised well.

miajag81
11-19-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Those who hit puberty after 1998 are different from those who hit puberty before 1998.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously blaming idiot children on Clinton? Seriously? Go back to trolling the Politics forum, douche.

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I really think it comes down to the parents...I mean do they even have time to supervise their kids? Are they deadbeat parents or are they working all the time?

Not to mention the media, and the availability of sex on the internet.

Eurotrash
11-19-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
* for the post, * for the signature, if there be a just God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see his sig in flat mode. i've come to the conclusion that you're viewing in threaded. I'm disappointed.

Beer and Pizza
11-19-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously blaming idiot children on Clinton? Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame Bill Clinton, I blame the public reaction and the unthinking acceptance of his standards of behavior.

Charles Manson did not change society because his behavior was universally rejected.

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Thread opened in threaded. I customarily switch to flat afterwards, but, in a holdover from previous-software posting habits, open my threads in threaded.

Don't hate, dawg. Relate.

PoBoy321
11-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I think you are both grossly overestimating the sexuality of kids today and underestimating the sexuality of your peers when you were that age. I think kids really aren't any more sexual than they were 10 yeears ago, but that there's a portrayal in the media that they are.

M2d
11-19-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kids of the 90's --- Bad Parenting?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I donno about you all but I am 21

[/ QUOTE ]

I expected this topic from Andy, Jakethebake, me, or some other geezer.
Weren't you around 6 when the 90's started, and wouldn't that make you, essentially, a child of the 90's?

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 02:56 PM
After thinking my post through, Where is our country going with our younger generation? What will this world be like when I am 65 years old.

Eurotrash
11-19-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thread opened in threaded. I customarily switch to flat afterwards, but, in a holdover from previous-software posting habits, open my threads in threaded.

Don't hate, dawg. Relate.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that's a crazy thread viewing routine. see, I just like to open it up in flat and read in flat. but that's me.

you got your own way though, I can respeck.

PoBoy321
11-19-2005, 02:57 PM
It won't be as different as you think.

Beer and Pizza
11-19-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What will this world be like when I am 65 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

In tiny little pieces orbiting the sun in what the settlers on Mars call "The Earth Belt."

edtost
11-19-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't blame Bill Clinton, I blame the public reaction and the unthinking acceptance of his standards of behavior.

Charles Manson did not change society because his behavior was universally rejected.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain to me how the behavior of his that was accepted by the public is in any way, shape, or orm differnet from things presidents had done in the past that were completely overlooked by society?

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
I for one have witnessed first hand moving through high school the way each grade acts when they move up, and each year it got progressively worse. Yes I was growing up, but my adult teachers agreed with my arguments.

Beer and Pizza
11-19-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain to me how the behavior of his that was accepted by the public is in any way, shape, or orm differnet from things presidents had done in the past that were completely overlooked by society?

[/ QUOTE ]

Past Presidents were paid attention to also.

Kennedy inspired civic duty and concern for the underclasses in third world countries.

Johnson and Nixon's behavior made us a country of skeptical "don't trust the government" types.

Children watch TV and they watch thier parents reactions to what is on TV, and they absorb it.

Jack of Arcades
11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kennedy inspired civic duty and concern for the underclasses in third world countries.

[/ QUOTE ]

And porked Marilyn Monroe.

Beer and Pizza
11-19-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And porked Marilyn Monroe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, but was that all over TV and were parents talking about it at the time?

It is the reaction to events, not the actual events that affect our kids.

JonPKibble
11-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Sex sells. MTV is full of sex. MTV = good investment.

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Very good point, but how much do these companies care about the future of our own society. They want money, Viva La Bam, man it takes a lot of intelligence to absorb that.

As far as caring about "US"; take the lobbyists and smooth lawyers working for Wal-Mart.

They now have it rigged so if they government wants to come investigate their company for any unfair labor acts etc. they get to have a five day notice.

Our country is moving into a sad state of affairs; quickly.

And somehow I got a star for this intelligent discussion.

MelK
11-19-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And somehow I got a star for this intelligent discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, its not a star.

Second, OOT is not a place for intelligent discussion.

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 04:02 PM
So I have learned....Thanks for the reminder

And normally I wouldn't care about this, but I think I am getting taken here.

No one says something rational all the time that other people will agree with.

I know it is what the intelligent people call an asterisk.

Tron
11-19-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I donno about you all but I am 21 and never thought of doing any of that stuff at that age, and nor did my peers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it like having the mind of a 75-year-old man in a 21-year-old's body?

MagicMan08
11-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Its not too bad really, I tend at attract more mature women and such. My favorite radio station is NPR (national public radio)

I am going to let this thread die now....thanks to everyone who contributed....this was well off in the politics section...my mistake

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it like having the mind of a 75-year-old man in a 21-year-old's body?

[/ QUOTE ]

No lie, right?

I started jerking off when I was like... ten. You'd better believe that I was very interested in the theory and practice of this stuff at the ages of 11-13.