PDA

View Full Version : What is a manly drink to order at a bar?

splashpot
11-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Usually I only drink beer, but sometimes I like to mix it up a little. What can I order as a casual drink that won't make me look like a pansy?

swede123
11-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Bourbon and water/ice.

Swede

Sabrazack
11-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Anything with Jaegermeister, preferably RedBull and Jaegermeister.

MelchyBeau
11-19-2005, 01:59 PM
jack and coke

Melch

2+2 wannabe
11-19-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bourbon and water/ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

never had this - is it good?

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Just shy away from anything pink / overly fruit-oriented, and anything involving chocolate, and you'll do nothing to discredit yourself.

IndieMatty
11-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Jameson neat

kipin
11-19-2005, 02:01 PM
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2000/01/21/BigLebowski128.jpg

The Dude thinks you are shallow for worrying about what others think of what you drink.

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anything with Jaegermeister, preferably RedBull and Jaegermeister.

[/ QUOTE ]

POP THAT COLLAH AND HOLLAH SON!

11-19-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bourbon and water/ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

never had this - is it good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I drink this all the time. Throw a little splash of sweet vermouth, and a cherry in there if its too rough...called a manhattan.

swede123
11-19-2005, 02:04 PM
No kidding! Anything with Redbull in it is definitely NOT manly.

Martinis are pretty manly though, but some people (me included) just don't like Gin very much.

Swede

MarkL444
11-19-2005, 02:05 PM
if i want to mix it up i try a different beer.

CD56
11-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I like makers mark and ginger ale, pretty tasty

i figure most mixed drinks not involving parrot bay or cranberry juice are manly enough

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I would consider the martini a gender-neutral drink that manages to put on airs somehow, but I come from a heavily chicken-fried segment of American society. Gin is TASTY as [censored].

MonkeeMan
11-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Geez, kids these days! You like beer right? So the answer is obvious...a shot and a beer. The shot can be most anything, traditional is whiskey. You belt down the shot, and chase it with your beer. Wussies need not apply.

Lazymeatball
11-19-2005, 02:13 PM
i never understood gin, you make this foul liquor then of all the flavors you could choose to add to it, you pick a freaking juniper bush? why not go chew on some pine needles while you're at it.

miajag81
11-19-2005, 02:14 PM
I pretty much only drink bourbon or scotch on the rocks nowadays. It's an acquired taste, so if it's not for you I think you can add a splash of coke or whatever without it being too womanly.

As an aside, is a whiskey sour considered a woman drink? I remember debating this with someone a long time ago and I can't remember the conclusion we reached.

11-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Manly drinks - one of the Rat Pack
- Jack & Coke
- Gin & Tonic / Vodka tonic
- Bourbon, whiskey, scotch neat or on the rocks
- or a whiskey sour (no cherry)
- Classic martini

Borderline
- White Russian (although I enjoy these now and again)
- Margaritas (according to some people...here in New Mexico, guys drink these all the time)

Drinks that straight guys shouldn't order
- Martini wannabe's - appletini, chocolatini, Cosmopolitans
- Daiquiris and fruity margaritas (strawberry, coconut, etc.)
- Pretty much anything that comes with fruit

ScottieK

11-19-2005, 02:22 PM
My friend and I agree, if a man gets a whiskey sour without a cherry, he's okay. One of our machismo friends orders these all the time. He's a playa.

ScottieK

TheIrishThug
11-19-2005, 02:23 PM
order what u like, screw everyone else and what they think.

IggyWH
[ QUOTE ]
You belt down the shot, and chase it with your beer. Wussies need not apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when do men chase?

miajag81
I think margaritas on the rocks are fine for a guy, but frozen margaritas are for chicks.

IggyWH
11-19-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack & Redbull, it may not "look" manly but the drink is awesome as long as the bartender doesn't make it weak. You get tore up by the Jack but are so wired from drinking all that Redbull.

jacki
11-19-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jack and coke

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

captain and coke is also acceptable.

JonPKibble
11-19-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
order what u like, screw everyone else and what they think.

[/ QUOTE ]

manpower
11-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I was always under the impression that rum/whiskey and coke's aren't very manly to drink. But whatever.

What matters more is what type of bars you drink at. A manhattan in some college bar is gonna make you look like a douche, but redbull and jager would be perfectly acceptable. Whereas in an upscale place those roles would be reversed.

Godfather80
11-19-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually I only drink beer, but sometimes I like to mix it up a little. What can I order as a casual drink that won't make me look like a pansy?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to get a man's drink, then understand that men don't use mixers other than water. Double Glenlivet on the rocks or neat, then relax.

And to all of the "Jack and Bull" guys: how manly is it to have to mix your liquor with a sweet syrup in order to choke it back? If you're gonna drink liquor, then drink liquor. Don't pretend.

chessforlife
11-19-2005, 02:53 PM
a shirly temple.

Tron
11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Jack Daniels and Red Bull? WTF? Who drinks this?

11-19-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bourbon and no water/ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

dibbs
11-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Shot of Bombay or No. 10

Diplomat
11-19-2005, 03:15 PM
I've always wondered about pina colada's. Yay or nay?

-Diplomat

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Only acceptable within the context of makin' love after midnight with one's ol' lady.

lapoker17
11-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Mailbu. Straight Up.

daryn
11-19-2005, 03:25 PM
for real, order anything you want. if you care what people think of your drink you have bigger problems than deciding what to drink

IggyWH
11-19-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it sounds odd but I'm telling you, drink a couple one night. You'll have a great time.

As I said before though, just make sure your bartender doesn't try making them weak. They shouldn't have to use more than 1/2 a can of redbull in a tall glass.

RacersEdge
11-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Jaeger bombs or martinis, shaken, not stirred.

wdeadwyler
11-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I believe that real Martini connesuiers (sp) say that stirred Martini's are better.

Wu36
11-19-2005, 06:55 PM
http://wwwstu.tcu.edu/~jjnussrallah/briandrink.gif
I didn't know there was going to be an open bar. And the guy really knew his stuff! He made me a mojito. I don't think it's a gay drink. Mo-ji-to...

atrifix
11-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Despite James Bond always ordering a martini shaken, not stirred, almost all martinis are stirred unless otherwise specified.

ilya
11-19-2005, 07:28 PM
A gimlet, Philip Marlowe's drink.

joeski19
11-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Irish car bomb.

11-19-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Despite James Bond always ordering a martini shaken, not stirred, almost all martinis are stirred unless otherwise specified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence him saying shaken, not stirred.

11-19-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irish car bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering how long it would take before someone got the answer correct.

Guy Incognito
11-19-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen, Red Bull drinks are predominantly ordered by men. Although I've never tried Jack and Red Bull... I've always had it with either Absolut or Jager.

dblgutshot
11-19-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an astute observation. Bravo.

daryn
11-19-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he meant to say:

Despite James Bond always ordering a martini shaken, not stirred, almost all martinis are served shaken unless otherwise specified.

GuyOnTilt
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Order whatever you want to drink. Who cares what's "manly" and what's not? I've been going thru a prolonged Ketel and tonic phase.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mailbu. Straight Up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I smiled.

GoT

Benal
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Tom Collins - Manly or girly?

JonPKibble
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
How about a nice warm Dickens Cider!!!

Blarg
11-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Pina colada and a punch in the face.

Blarg
11-19-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would consider the martini a gender-neutral drink that manages to put on airs somehow, but I come from a heavily chicken-fried segment of American society. Gin is TASTY as [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Gin and tonic is also gender neutral but it is one hell of a good drink. And good gin is often said to be one of the least hangover producing drinks.

Blarg
11-19-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend and I agree, if a man gets a whiskey sour without a cherry, he's okay. One of our machismo friends orders these all the time. He's a playa.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Whiskey sours taste great, but the high sugar content sometimes gets a little tough to take after a few.

Blarg
11-19-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think margaritas on the rocks are fine for a guy, but frozen margaritas are for chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in L.A., everyone drinks frozen margaritas and nobody thinks anything of it. Probably the largely hispanic culture.

But because of that, I never even considered any kind of margaritas a chick drink. Dudes have them all the time here, and whole parties and evenings are built around people drinking nothing but margaritas, sometimes changing flavors or whatever.

11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
After consulting with my bartender friend, we came up with these observations.

The most manly drink you could order is straight whiskey / bourbon / scotch. That's about as John Wayne as you can get.

Martinis...just to clarify. With gin martinis, never shake them because it destroys the flavor. Vodka martinis by default are shaken very hard to get ice crystals on top.

Pina Coladas...not a guy's drink. Unless you're in the Bahamas on the beach, but on the rocks only. Then, when in Rome...but not as bad as ordering a Daiquiri.

Red Bull...neutral by itself, but what you mix with it makes the difference. Vodka and Red Bull may be acceptable if you're tired and need some pep. But mixed with just about anything else, it becomes feminine. Red-headed sluts (jager and cranberry) are usually feminine drinks, but guys can drink them with girls who are having one.

As far as Jack & Coke is concerned...when's the last time you saw a girl order this? This is my drink of choice. Always a guy drink, with any whiskey (like Crown and Coke.) Rum & Coke is more neutral.

Mojitos...a Cuban / machismo drink. If Ernest Hemingway can drink one, don't you think any other guy can drink one? But some girls may like this as well.

Just since so many people asked, whiskey sours are okay for guys (no cherry).

Margaritas, on the rocks for the guys. No frozen drinks for guys.

Of course, if you're going for the "may be gay" angle with the girls, order anything you please.

ScottieK

tonypaladino
11-19-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he meant to say:

Despite James Bond always ordering a martini shaken, not stirred, almost all martinis are served shaken unless otherwise specified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, many bartenders shake martinis and ruin them.

tonypaladino
11-19-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- Classic martini
Drinks that straight guys shouldn't order
- Martini wannabe's - appletini, chocolatini, Cosmopolitans
ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides Classic martinis, Dirty Martinis are also acceptable.

imported_adhoc
11-19-2005, 09:15 PM
In general, I do not think mixed drinks are manly, because they mask the taste of a spirit. This suggests that one can't stomach the taste of liquor, which is a sentiment common to women and children, and not to men. There are a few classic cocktails that are designed to complement the taste of spirits, though, which I think of as being manly. Namely:

Martini
Tom Collins
Whiskey Sour
Old Fashioned
Bloody Mary

The first of these drinks, the martini, is glamorous but not well-understood by a lot of bartenders. The reigning mistake is to mix it with vodka rather than gin, and very little vermouth, sometimes with only a sprinkling of a few droplets. Personally, I prefer a mixture of about three parts gin to one part vermouth. Another irritating tendency of many bars is to name all variety of girly things "martinis," such that anything served in a martini glass - e.g. the nonsense "chocolate martini" - appropriates the name.

I also think simple combinations are manly, on the order of whiskey (or rum) and coke, scotch and water (or soda water), and gin (or vodka) and tonic. The better the booze the less I would be tempted to put anything in it, though. I do not think tequila is manly, because I think its cultural imagery evokes ruffianism.

I also do not think it is manly to be drunk in public.

TheBlueMonster
11-19-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Order whatever you want to drink. Who cares what's "manly" and what's not? I've been going thru a prolonged Ketel and tonic phase.

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally love Bombay Saphire Gin and Tonic. Makes me feel like an old man. But an man nonetheless.

11-19-2005, 09:26 PM
If you like scotch whiskey, try Lagavulin. good stuff.

Blarg
11-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Gin and tonic rules.

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think tequila is manly, because I think its cultural imagery evokes ruffianism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you hate our Latino brothers so much?

I'm a Texan. Tequila is de rigeur.

Blarg
11-19-2005, 10:05 PM
It does conjure up such pictures a bit, but then again, so does whiskey. Aren't all the guys starting brawls and shooting each other in westerns and cop shows always ordering whiskey? Hard liquor in general has that image, at least the brown liquors.

The idea of images and liquor is pretty silly as a whole anyway.

JonPKibble
11-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Real men don't need to get approval from an internet message board before ordering a drink.

TomCollins
11-19-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tom Collins - Manly or girly?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to ask?

Actually its pretty girly.

woodguy
11-20-2005, 12:13 AM
"Rocks on rocks.....and bartender, put it in a dirty glass"

-Perry Gunite

housenuts
11-20-2005, 12:26 AM
sour puss - perhaps a mix of apple and raspberry to be especially hard

2+2 wannabe
11-20-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sour puss - perhaps a mix of apple and raspberry to be especially hard

[/ QUOTE ]

sour puss is the [censored]

good times playing mvp baseball and drinking glasses of it

man I miss 3 months ago

hhughes
11-20-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Geez, kids these days! You like beer right? So the answer is obvious...a shot and a beer. The shot can be most anything, traditional is whiskey. You belt down the shot, and chase it with your beer. Wussies need not apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally...Boilermaker...Wild Turkey and Bud...and keep'em comin' til someone pours me into a cab, aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rt1
11-20-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

strawberry julius

TheBlueMonster
11-20-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gin and tonic rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously. I find that I have to be in a mood for most drinks...except for G&T. Of course that means I have become very discriminating with the quality of gin.

Matt Flynn
11-20-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like scotch whiskey, try Lagavulin. good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the umpteenth time:

One Scott to another on drinking Lagavulin: "Och eye! Taystes like a fecking ashtrey! I kneuw. Sell it ta tha Yanks! Thay'll drank anaythin."

clipset
11-20-2005, 02:22 AM
Water.

youtalkfunny
11-20-2005, 05:58 AM
COWBOY 1: Whiskey!

COWBOY 2: Make mine a double!

SHEMP: I'll have a milkshake.

(everyone does a spit-take)

SHEMP: With sour milk!

11-20-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about a nice warm Dickens Cider!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who got this joke?

I will start to ask the ladies if they'd like me to whip one out for them.

LLL

tek
11-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I get either the best foreign beer thay have or a good champagne.

or a long island tea...

Sponger15SB
11-20-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a shirly temple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I turned 21 my roomate and his girlfriend and her roomates went to happy hour at some restaurant. I didn't go cause I thought they were just getting plastered and whatever, but they call me up when they get there and say they're gonna eat some appetizers, so I should join them. I show up right when all the drinks are being served and the waitress is handing out all the beers and daqueris and margaritas, and then she asks "who ordered the shirley temple" and everyone points to me.

Jerks.

11-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Milk. In a dirty glass.

Voltron87
11-20-2005, 03:47 PM
when people here are at a bar, does anyone actually think "hmmm, that isnt really a manly drink so i'll get somethin else which my friends will approve of"?

such a stupid attitude, drink whatever you like.

splashpot
11-20-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when people here are at a bar, does anyone actually think "hmmm, that isnt really a manly drink so i'll get somethin else which my friends will approve of"?

such a stupid attitude, drink whatever you like.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for saying that the ten billionth time in this thread. To all the people who made this comment, obviously I drink what I want. I've had "girly" drinks all the time. I drink whatever I'm in the mood for. If I'm in the mood for a fruity drink, I drink it knowing that it's considered girly. But sometimes I'm in the mood for a manly drink. Why can't I ask what you think is manly? Who cares? I was just asking a question. Lighten up people.

Voltron87
11-20-2005, 04:16 PM
i know what i said was not original at all, i just see so many people with the attitude that "men shouldnt drink those drinks" and judging someone for it is stupid.

splashpot
11-20-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know what i said was not original at all, i just see so many people with the attitude that "men shouldnt drink those drinks" and judging someone for it is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
A different topic entirely, but judging people based on any personal preference is stupid. But everyone does it. It's what humans do. That's basically the essence of social interaction.

One person likes to watch pro wrestling on TV. Another guy likes to watch golf. Can you make stereotypical judgements about these two people? Of course. Will they be accurate? Maybe, maybe not. But people do make judgements.

And however insignificant, people WILL make judgements based on what you drink. And if you say you don't care what people think about you, you're lying. Everyone cares to a certain degree. Anyways....back to drinks?

MrMon
11-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Armagnac.

Most people don't know what it is, it's expensive, highly drinkable, and is a possible conversation starter. You can offer tastes to curious women. Of course, you have to be at a bar that has it.

Aquavit, Grappa, or Calvados would work along the same line.

tek
11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Brandy wine? not for me.

Voltron87
11-20-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And however insignificant, people WILL make judgements based on what you drink. And if you say you don't care what people think about you, you're lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not lying when I say those people's opinions don't matter to me. Do you actually think about this when ordering drinks? Oh no, if I order the wrong thing those people will think I'm a girlie man! I've never judged anyone for that reason and probably don't care about the opinion of someone who does.

You should also buy the most expensive bottle, that way everyone knows you are a high roller.

nothumb
11-20-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it sounds odd but I'm telling you, drink a couple one night. You'll have diabetes and/or herpes.

As I said before though, just make sure your bartender doesn't try making them weak. They shouldn't have to use more than 1/2 a can of redbull in a tall glass.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

NT

splashpot
11-20-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not lying when I say those people's opinions don't matter to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if you had absolutely no friends, it wouldn't bother you? You are lying if you say that. People's opinions do matter.

dblgutshot
11-20-2005, 11:35 PM
He's not saying that he doesn't care about anyones opionion of him. I think he's saying he doesn't care about the opinions of people at the bar who have negative impressions from the drink you are ordering.

tonypaladino
11-20-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not lying when I say those people's opinions don't matter to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if you had absolutely no friends, it wouldn't bother you? You are lying if you say that. People's opinions do matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you would stop being friends with someone because of what they drink?

Voltron87
11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not saying that he doesn't care about anyones opionion of him. I think he's saying he doesn't care about the opinions of people at the bar who have negative impressions from the drink you are ordering.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct. if i ordered a drink at a bar and someone someone said to me "man thats a really fruity drink man" i would say "O RLY?" and move on. this is not an important issue in life, why do you care what other people think of it?

mason55
11-20-2005, 11:52 PM
I had a Texas Toast for the first time this weekend. A Long Island Iced Tea with a shot of Wild Turkey floated on top. Holy crap those messed me up.

11-20-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A Long Island Iced Tea with a shot of Wild Turkey floated on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to gag.

I'll be having one on Wednesday.

cdxx
11-20-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bourbon and no water/ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

johnnie black neat is the correct play here.

SinCityGuy
11-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Crown Royal and club soda.

splashpot
11-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Look. I know it doesn't matter what someone drinks. I'm just making a point. My point is that opinions matter. And that no matter how stupid and insignificant it may be, people will judge based on just about anything. Including drinks.

Voltron87
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look. I know it doesn't matter what someone drinks. I'm just making a point. My point is that opinions matter. And that no matter how stupid and insignificant it may be, people will judge based on just about anything. Including drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course other peoples opinions matter, i judge people all the time, just not about something as stupid as whether a certain cocktail is manly enough. if someone thinks less of me because of what i drink (im not even someone who drinks a lot of these drinks, its the principle) i am not going to take them seriously as a person and it doesnt really faze me. how is that hard to understand? yes peoples opinions matter, but not about this, or the brand of clothing your wearing, or how expensive the restaurant you ate at was, etc/

splashpot
11-21-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course other peoples opinions matter, i judge people all the time, just not about something as stupid as whether a certain cocktail is manly enough. if someone thinks less of me because of what i drink (im not even someone who drinks a lot of these drinks, its the principle) i am not going to take them seriously as a person and it doesnt really faze me. how is that hard to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]
The mere fact that people will judge based on drink is reason enough to start a thread like this. Regardless if you take them seriously or not. Which is what you criticized me about to begin with.

[ QUOTE ]
yes peoples opinions matter, but not about this, or the brand of clothing your wearing, or how expensive the restaurant you ate at was, etc/

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. You mis-inturpet my use of "judge". I don't think someone is better or worse based on what they buy/wear/eat, but I do make assumptions. And so do you.

SossMan
11-21-2005, 12:27 AM
rasberry pucker. neat.

on anther note, last time in vegas I was a little f'ed up and tried to order a grey goose and vodka. everyone looked at me weird and I'm like, what? I've been drinking them all night? oh, make that a redbull vodka, my bad.

splashpot
11-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok. Sick of arguing. Peace offering.

BottlesOf
11-21-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Whiskey sours taste great, but the high sugar content sometimes gets a little tough to take after a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I can only handle about two or three.

I don't however think it's a particularly masculine drink. B/c of the sugar and the cherry/fruit that often comes in it. I couldn't imagine ordering one and explicitly asking the bartender to hold the cherry. Seems ridiculous.

lighterjobs
11-21-2005, 12:44 AM
i like seagrams and 7-up.

one of the few things i like to drink besides beer.

oh, or any kind of liqour with red bull.

StevieG
11-21-2005, 12:46 AM
if you're at a real bar go ahead and try something old school:

manhattan (already mentioned)
rusty nail
old fashioned

MonkeeMan
11-21-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i like seagrams and 7-up.

one of the few things i like to drink besides beer.

oh, or any kind of liqour with red bull.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a 7&7, just like the song title.