PDA

View Full Version : Moneymaker vs Raymer for PS commercials

Jedi Flopper
11-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Does anyone really think that Moneymaker has actually played on pokerstars.net? He claims that he has on the commercials. I wonder if Raymer refused to tell that particular lie because he simply says "Pokerstars" without including the ".net" I just saw the commercials again and it reinforced in my mind that Greg is a class act.

mlagoo
11-19-2005, 01:50 PM
i was hoping this was gonna be about some steelcage deathmatch

11-19-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
yes he plays on PS, I've seen him play a lot actually.

Jedi Flopper
11-19-2005, 03:13 PM
You have seen him on pokerstars.net? You realize this is not the same as pokerstars.com right?

11-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I think if he said he played there and there is no evidence otherwise, why would you dispute it? Moneymaker would only need to play a hand of poker on pokerstars dot net for his statement to be true. He very well may have played a hand or two prior to the commercial or played a few hands in there before playing cash games in order to get a feel for the site. Raymer is a class act, but not because he didn't say "dot net" in a commercial.

2+2 wannabe
11-19-2005, 08:51 PM
who cares

WhiskyRiver
11-19-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who cares

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what the hell is your avatar?

tonypaladino
11-19-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have seen him on pokerstars.net? You realize this is not the same as pokerstars.com right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that the play money tables on Pokerstars are the same ones as pokerstars.net right?

thetman
11-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Is Moneymaker still playing more than a few events? I rarely see his name anymore.

lighterjobs
11-19-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moneymaker would only need to play a hand of poker on pokerstars dot net for his statement to be true. He very well may have played a hand or two prior to the commercial or played a few hands in there before playing cash games in order to get a feel for the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh the [censored] out loud

Landon_McFly
11-19-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was going to be a hot dog eating contest

11-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Ah, but Raymer did sorta-kinda lie in one of his PokerStars spots.

"The final card was dealt, and then I realized: I won!"

When the final card was dealt he couldn't have been sure 8s were good, and neither player had even acted yet.

budman
11-21-2005, 07:55 AM
I think he does play, but you don't see him because he busts out very early.

I don't think he's as bad a player as most people assume. He caught a ton of lucky cards in the big one, but has been on the receiving end of improbable bad luck since.

kyro
11-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I've seen Moneymaker play the play money tables. So nice try attempting to make him look bad.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
You are aware that other people write the dialog and the guy acting in the commercial just reads it.

11-21-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are aware that other people write the dialog and the guy acting in the commercial just reads it.

[/ QUOTE ]
FOURTH WALL! YOU'RE BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL!

Zetack
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone really think that Moneymaker has actually played on pokerstars.net? He claims that he has on the commercials. I wonder if Raymer refused to tell that particular lie because he simply says "Pokerstars" without including the ".net" I just saw the commercials again and it reinforced in my mind that Greg is a class act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well nobody actually plays on pokerstars.net, they download software from there that they play on.

I think if Chris plays at pokerstars he's close enough for commercial purposes.

--Zetack

coffeecrazy1
11-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Look at samjjones' avatar and you'll understand.