PDA

View Full Version : The 6th Harry Potter book (yea...that spoiler)

splashpot
11-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Call me gay for reading Harry Potter, I don't care. The new movie got me thinking about the book I read over the summer. For those who have read it, do you think there is any possibility that Snape is still good? My theory is that Dumbledore made Snape promise to kill him if certain circumstances arose. Dumbledore supposedly had a very good reason to trust Snape. It seems too hard to believe that Dumbledore was wrong about him.

Dynasty
11-19-2005, 05:59 PM
There's just enough evidence in the books to make this common theory valid.

irishpint
11-19-2005, 06:01 PM
duh snape is good. its a kids book. where were you when this was discussed so long ago? this isn't your theory...this is everyone's!

11-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I definately think that something is up. What got me thinking is that Dumbledore swore that Snape could be trusted, and immediately when Dumbledore encounters Snape at the end of the book he's begging for mercy. Why the sudden switch? It's gotta be a trick to fool Malfoy into a false sense of security. Seemed fishy to me. I've considered the possibility that Snape aggred to kill Dumbledore but I'd rather it be the case that Dumbledore is still alive. The theory does make sense. Snape need to prove his allegiance to Voldermort and how better than to kill Dumbledore. We shall see how things unfold.

p.s. Call me gay too. The books are good.

stabn
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
duh snape is good. its a kids book. where were you when this was discussed so long ago? this isn't your theory...this is everyone's!

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded is [censored] reasoning in a series that has killed sirius/dumbledore/cedric etc.

splashpot
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well none of my friends believe it. And I think it was pretty clear that Dumbledore is dead. I think it would be lame to bring him back.

stabn
11-19-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well none of my friends believe it. And I think it was pretty clear that Dumbledore is dead. I think it would be lame to bring him back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snape being good and dumbledore being alive are two totally different issues though. The common blief is that snape==good and dumbledore==dead.

MelK
11-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Snape is Harry's real father.

You heard it here first.

wdeadwyler
11-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Two things:
If you notice the most recent movie, when Harry is reliving Dumbledore's memories, Igor (who is snitching to get out of prison) remarks that Snape is "forever loyal to Voldemart". I think this is foreshadowing of his betrayal, and do not believe Snape is good.

Secondly, and I may or may not receive [censored] for this, but Emma Watson is jailbait.

NYplayer
11-19-2005, 07:26 PM
http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

TheIrishThug
11-19-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, when the address is dumbledoreisnotdead.com, y do they need the warning of "this contains spoilers." if u finished the book and go to the main homepage, u r gonna know somehting is up.

ps she is not hot, she looks like she's 12. now this is a comment on her present state. by the last movie i've got a feeling i might siihp.

peachy
11-19-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded is [censored] reasoning in a series that has killed sirius/dumbledore/cedric etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

when did sirius die!??!?!?! and which one is cedric...i forget

splashpot
11-19-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sirius dies at the end of book 5. He falls into some sort of black hole. Cedric is the other Hogwarts champion who is killed by Voldemort at the end of book 4.

peachy
11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sirius dies at the end of book 5. He falls into some sort of black hole. Cedric is the other Hogwarts champion who is killed by Voldemort at the end of book 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo yeah i knew cedric was...just couldnt remember his name...but i only know from the newest movie! i havent read any of the books /images/graemlins/frown.gif

stabn
11-19-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo yeah i knew cedric was...just couldnt remember his name...but i only know from the newest movie! i havent read any of the books /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the spoiler then /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AEKDBet
11-20-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call me gay for reading Harry Potter, I don't care. The new movie got me thinking about the book I read over the summer. For those who have read it, do you think there is any possibility that Snape is still good? My theory is that Dumbledore made Snape promise to kill him if certain circumstances arose. Dumbledore supposedly had a very good reason to trust Snape. It seems too hard to believe that Dumbledore was wrong about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb. is def toast. And snape is bad, at least I think.

11-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Hm.. reading that site right now. I really believed Dumbledore was dead, and that Snape was evil.

I actually cried, like I haven't done in years. Should I start dating boys now? The reason for that, btw, is that I thought Dumbledore was *BY FAR* the coolest, funniest, most powerful, best character in the book. I just love how he's so kind and funny to the outside world, while at the same time he is (one of) the most powerful wizards alive, with great knowledge, able to do pretty much anything. /images/graemlins/blush.gif