PDA

View Full Version : Underpair QQ

QTip
11-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I was reviewing my session yesterday and found this hand. The ccrs were unkown, and the flop 3 bettor was nitty.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds

11-19-2005, 11:51 AM
I think you made the right play. The only alternative is to check raise the 3 bettor and face the other ppl with 2 bets. Even then they would be getting odds to draw to some hands since preflop was capped.

QQ is a great hand, but I would pick a better spot.

11-19-2005, 12:22 PM
well it's not 100% wrong, but just because the pot is capped PF doesn't automatically mean someone has a big ace. coldcallers could have whatever, and 3-bettor is a nit? the pot is big, i'd stab at that mofo any day. if played back at really hard, it's obviously a fold.

TripleH68
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Damn I want to peel, but...

-there may be a check-raise coming.
-there is always a small chance CO has AA.
-there may be a flush draw out.
-if you hit Q on the turn there is no guarantee anyone in this hand will have interest on the turn!?
-even if CO is betting JJ the pot is too big for anyone to fold an ace.

Guess I like the fold. Did I miss anything?

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 12:53 PM
I strongly prefer a bet/call on the flop. Coldcallers aren't bound by law to have an ace, or anything, and if nit three-bettor has an ace, he'll tell you. Bet and call if action comes one back to you. Your best plan remains spiking the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the turn.