PDA

View Full Version : 98o UTG 3.5xBB

betgo
11-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Party $200/$200K. Blinds 2K/4K. 42 players left. I have 98o UTG and T14K.

At 40, payout increases from $1000 to $1300. I don't care about this, but it may make some people play tighter or give my raise more credence.

Player to my right is LAG big stack. Will probably make pot odds call of my push with practically anything. If I fold, next hand people will probably not try to steal blinds without real hand, due to minibubble, LAG big stack in SB and BB pot committted to call. However, big stack SB will either push or complete if no one else plays, so I will have to play that hand for all my chips.

Push or fold?

JustPlayingSmart
11-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I would push. The big stack in the big blind will provide you with some protection. The other players will be less willing to make marginal calls because of what he might do after them. 98o is only a 48/52 dog against a random hand, so if everyone actually folds to the big blind you make a few chips on the hand.

I think the most important thing is that the CO and button are going to fold hands like K8o here, that they might have raised were you in the big blind with a random hand (such as 98o). Though obviously the big stack will still give you some preotection, I think you are much better off here than you would be calling a raise in the big blind next hand. With this push, you sort of control your own destiny.

nath
11-19-2005, 05:39 PM
i want to find a jpeg of a boat leaving port with "SHIP IT!" written underneath it (a la the "ALL YOU CAN EAT" neon sign) so i can post it on hands like this.

(i.e., yes, i would push.)

11-19-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i want to find a jpeg of a boat leaving port with "SHIP IT!" written underneath it (a la the "ALL YOU CAN EAT" neon sign) so i can post it on hands like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have a picture of Isaac from the love boat with a caption saying Ship It!

nath
11-19-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have a picture of Isaac from the love boat with a caption saying Ship It!

[/ QUOTE ]

That IS better. Let's work on making that happen.

schwza
11-20-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Player to my right is LAG big stack. Will probably make pot odds call of my push with practically anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this makes is a clear fold. you're behind a random hand. and there are ~7 people left to wake up with JJ before it even gets to the BB. ugh. fold and try to get dealt AA next hand.