PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Washington D.C.

Maulik
11-19-2005, 03:48 AM
I've got nothing to do tomorrow and I suspect its going to be a good day to go out for dinner. I have no idea where I want to go so any suggestions would be solid.

PoBoy321
11-19-2005, 03:51 AM
What's your price range? There are a bunch of good, reasonably priced places in Georgetown, namely J. Paul's, Clyde's, Pizzeria Paradiso and Paper Moon are a couple of my favorites. If you're looking for something a bit more pricy, The Prime Rib is very nice.

Also, are you just in town visiting?

Maulik
11-19-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
J. Paul's, Clyde's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of these restaurants. I do however love Houston's (Bethesda, Rockville) if you're familar with that, similar setting, great American food.

price <= $60

Maulik
11-19-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, are you just in town visiting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting a haircut, go to school @ UMD. Unfortunately, I don't make it out to DC often enough. GU student?

PoBoy321
11-19-2005, 04:00 AM
I haven't been to the Houston's down here, but I went to one up in Jersey (not sure if it's a chain) but I liked it. You might also want to look into 3rd Edition on Wisconsin, which I liked the few times I went there. For Mexican food, I like Cactus Cantina and Guapo's both on Wisconsin. Paper Moon is an Italian place (right off of M St., I want to say on 31st, but I could be a block off) which I really like and is in your price range, so if you're in the mood for Italian, that's my recommendation.

EDIT: And yeah, I go to GU.

legendary loser
11-19-2005, 04:14 AM
I've eaten at Paper Moon. It is a pretty good Italian restaurant that will get you a meal for less than $30 w/o drinks. There are a ton of restaurants in Georgetown, you can pretty much walk the streets and pick a restaurant. Legal Sea Food is another option...I think there's one near the Foggy Bottom Metro stop.

I go to UMD too.

mason55
11-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Jaleo is really good and not too bad if you like Tapas.

Rushmore
11-19-2005, 08:32 AM
It's been a while, but there are two great restaurants on Connecticut right across rom the Uptown Theater--Spices (pan-Asian), and a Vietnamese Pho restaurant (Pho 49?).

I used to eat at each weekly, and they were both excellent.

Jeffage
11-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Great restaurants in DC: Red Sage - Bottom Level (near Gallery Place), DC Coast (14th street), Ceiba (Near Metro Center), Corduroy (near metro center), Filomena (G-Town). These are all pricey and require reservations but are excellent.

Jeff

cdxx
11-19-2005, 01:20 PM
chinatown. for really cheap (<$20), Full Kee is a great chinese restaurant. plus it's close to other stuff to do in dc on a weekend.

Publos Nemesis
11-19-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been to the Houston's down here, but I went to one up in Jersey (not sure if it's a chain) but I liked it. You might also want to look into 3rd Edition on Wisconsin, which I liked the few times I went there. For Mexican food, I like Cactus Cantina and Guapo's both on Wisconsin. Paper Moon is an Italian place (right off of M St., I want to say on 31st, but I could be a block off) which I really like and is in your price range, so if you're in the mood for Italian, that's my recommendation.

EDIT: And yeah, I go to GU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guapo's is not as good as Cactus. Cactus has great food, but look out, b/c there will be a lot of families and little kids there. It's a great neighborhood place (and it's in the "nice" part of DC).

I would go to Adam's Morgan though if I were you. Less touristy than gtown and still has a bunch of good places.

cokehead
11-19-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.benschilibowl.com/

Crveballin
11-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Maryland: They opened up a Bone Fish Grill in Kentlands thats got good fish. If you want, in Germantown there is Flaming Pit which has the best prime rib around.

Virginia: PF Changs, Maggiano's and Cheesecake Factory in Tysons Corner.

DC: Theres places for every type of needs. If your going out afterwards, The Reef in Adams Morgan has good food. The Bison Burger is amazing. There is a Clydes on M street in DC that has good food. Also one in Tysons and Reston.

CIncyHR
11-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I serve at the Afterwords cafe on Connecticut in Dupont. Good food, and you can gete drinks dinner dessert for less than $50.

slamdunkpro
11-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Luigi's on 19th between L & M. Great italian.

DrPublo
11-20-2005, 01:26 AM
There's a place in Adam's Morgan called Cashion's Eat Place. Really good French-American food, and the menu changes every day. Not too expensive w/o drinks.

I recommend it.

The Doc

cwsiggy
11-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Sushiko in Georgetown. One of the best sushi restaurants I've ever been to.

lgas
11-20-2005, 06:42 AM
I guess I'm too late, but other good local places:

DC:
Clyde's in Georgetown (already mentioned)
Jordan's (expensive but worth it)
La Lomita (cheap mexican/el salvadorian)
Yanyu (expensive Iron Chef style chinese)
Viadlia (expensive but good)
Sequoia (expensive but good food, great location, ambiance, etc)
Harbour Club (same)
Georgia Browns (the only gourmet-ish southern food I've ever had)
Galileo
The District Chophouse
Bobby Van's (for steak)

There's an Olive's in DC now... I've only ever been to the one at the Bellagio in Vegas which was pretty good, so I imagine this one is pretty good.

I haven't been to Butterfield 9 but I've heard its great (and very expensive).

Some of the top restaurants that always get mentioned are Citronelle and Equinox but I have tried both on several occasions and wasn't too impressed.

And of course Chipotle.

Virginia:
Busara Thai in Tysons or Reston
CPY Thai in Reston
Supper Club of Indian in Reston
Clyde's in Reston
Russia House in Hernon
M&S Grill in Reston
P.F. Changs in Tysons
Paya Thai in Tysons
Maggiano's in Tysons
Clydes in Tysons
J.R.'s Stockyard Inn in Tysons
Sam & Harry's in Tysons
The Palm in Tysons
Yama Sushi in Vienna (not as fancy as SushiKo, but better sushi)
Tara Thai in Vienna
Pacfic in Sterling
Cheng's in Sterling
Food Factory in Arlington (Ultra cheap, super good)
Cafe Asia in Arlington
Oasis in Centreville
and of course Chipotle

And in Maryland:
Roy's Place (150+ sandwiches) in Gaithersburg