PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the Pot ?

Fmonti
06-28-2003, 04:25 PM
The following scenario was presented in a recent article in Card Player...Two players left at the river and Player A states "you win" and throws his hand toward the middle of the table. Player B turns over a pair of fives.Player A reaches for his hand {just as the dealer had begun to grab the hand to put it in the muck} and turns over a pair of eights. Who wins the pot? The writer contends that because the cards never touched the muck Plaayer A with eights should be the winner...My question..When player A says "You win" does player B have to show his hand or can he just muck and pull in the pot? I believe that to be true and if so I think he should win the pot once player A stated "You win" and proceeded to toss his hand away..Any opinions???

Jimbo
06-28-2003, 05:09 PM
The player with 8's wins as the situation is described. Pretty simple really, unless your hand is ruled dead then it is live.

Fmonti
06-28-2003, 08:54 PM
I guess the key question is if a player says you win and tosses his cards face down on the table,you then toss your cards face down do you collect the pot???

TheLoser
06-28-2003, 09:22 PM
when this happens to me I push my cards face down to the dealer and collect the pot

Prufrock
06-28-2003, 11:26 PM
The player with 8's wins. However, his play is unethical at best.
When he throws his hand on the table and says "You win" I wait
til the dealer grabs his cards before mucking mine. Never show
your cards if you do not have to.