PDA

View Full Version : GentlemanGerry = CinnamonWind = Matador et al.

Entity
11-19-2005, 02:32 AM
Got a PM from Dave (sfer/The Daver) who mentioned Gerry had some striking similarities in posting style/substance. I had similar suspicions but Gerry hadn't really hadn't trolled enough for me to worry about it. Now that we can see what IP a user registered from, I checked, and Gerry is from the same IP block (69.195.62.XXX) as Cinnamon/Matador/etc, which would be limited to a very small geographical region within Toronto using Rogers cable for Internet access.

Anyway, just figured it might be worth noting. I don't think he's bugging anyone that much yet but when he does, we certainly have ample reason for banning.

Rob

Entity
11-19-2005, 02:45 AM
I just read through the last dozen or two dozen of his posts. If one of the midhigh mods wants to ban him for trolling, you've got ample reason to. I'm not going to pull the trigger at this particular moment because we know he's going to come back anyway.

Rob

stabn
11-19-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read through the last dozen or two dozen of his posts. If one of the midhigh mods wants to ban him for trolling, you've got ample reason to. I'm not going to pull the trigger at this particular moment because we know he's going to come back anyway.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be awesome to just make 'the matador, etc etc' his title and call it good. The guy has trolled the hell out of some pretty decent posters lately.

B Dids
11-19-2005, 12:22 PM
I assumed this based on one post.

FWIW this is the kind of troll that should be banned. They don't always openly break the rules, but they only exist to sidetrack threads and beg for attention.

BottlesOf
11-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Bingo.