PDA

View Full Version : Call PF, then Three Bet the Raise?

11-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I just witnessed this. LAG limps in EP, two callers after that, LP raises, I fold, LAG three bets? This can't be a strategy, right? He doesn't know that LP guy will raise, so why limp then reraise? He didn't show down when he won, so do we assume he tried to slowplay AA-QQ and then changed his mind? Didb't get hand history, sorry.

milesdyson
11-19-2005, 12:12 AM
???????????????????????????????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

numeri
11-19-2005, 12:30 AM
What Miles is trying to say, in his own special way, is that we see this all the time. We call it a limp-reraise, or LRR for short. People do it once in a while. They suck. Don't do it.

bozlax
11-19-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People do it once in a while. They suck. Don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or do it. I've used this line, when bored. It'll scare the crap out of people when you do it, though, and you usually wind up losing the limpers you were limping to keep in, either preflop or when you bet the flop.

11-19-2005, 01:18 AM
if he has LAGGy players behind him, he can try to get more value from hands like AA by limping, then 3betting, whereas raising would only have gotten 2 bets from each runner in to the pot.

11-19-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
???????????????????????????????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I've just never seen it before. Thought it was kinda weird. Ah well, the things you learn.

bottomset
11-19-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this has to be the nicest response I've ever seen you post in a NC thread

are you feeling ok??