PDA

View Full Version : KK, did I play too passively

11-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Hero in CO
BB basic TAG
SB very tight 10 vp$ip, 3pfr
EP1 50/14/1.4
With so many callers and then 2 tens on the flop, I backed off raising and just called. Then when 3rd club came on the turn, I just called again. Not sure if I should have raised on any street

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)
Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
BB bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Nick Royale
11-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Raise the flop. Given your call, bet the turn. And these decisions are easy.

jason_t
11-18-2005, 11:34 PM
omg lol bet and raise a lot more please. You have a monster. You have to protect your hand from /images/graemlins/club.gifs. They will pay you off with worse hands.

ArturiusX
11-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Let me guess, he didnt have 3 tens?

11-19-2005, 01:11 AM
with this many people in the pot you need to just call to lose the least when you are behind and make the most when you are ahead. if you raise everyone will fold if you are winning. you probably only have 2 outs (the kings) on the flop and you are drawing dead on the turn. but maybe someone doesnt have a flush so we need to call. nice hand. results???

RatFink
11-19-2005, 01:50 AM
I respectfully disagree with this advice. If you feel you are behind and drawing to two outs then fold. I however would take advantage of the bet immediately before me and raise.

ArturiusX
11-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Im not sure about you, but Ive played over 100 000 hands, and only about 5-10% of the time does someone have a ten here.

11-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Not that we are results oriented but the raise you are probably WA group was way right. Best hand other than mine was QQ

11-19-2005, 08:25 AM
normally i play my strong hands aggressively. the only problem i have with the advice on this hand is that of the 4 other players, 2 are limpers, the other 2 are blinds (who now see a big pot). so the starting hands are much more inclined to be JT, T9, T8s, KT,QT, then if I raised from an early position and everyone was cc. Aggression on the flop was probably warranted, but this was the thought behind my passive play

11-19-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I should have raised on any street

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yes, yes and yes.

PSW
11-19-2005, 12:28 PM
You gotta raise the flop. You will get a clue about who is behind you. A T calls two cold a lot here. So might a flush draw. Either way, that info helps alot. A raise also nocks out hands like A6s (not clubs) or AJ, AQ in the blinds who might think they have a shot at the pot. Seeing an A down on the River is easier when you are heads up.

psw

ghostface
11-19-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with this many people in the pot you need to just call to lose the least when you are behind and make the most when you are ahead. if you raise everyone will fold if you are winning. you probably only have 2 outs (the kings) on the flop and you are drawing dead on the turn. but maybe someone doesnt have a flush so we need to call. nice hand. results???

[/ QUOTE ]

you may be the worst poster at 2p2. in another post you said something about SSH guidelines. go read the damn book before you come back and give advice like this.