PDA

View Full Version : Session Studies: is it that time again allready

nomadtla
11-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Ok boys and girls. Many of you know the drill about this so I'm gonna condense the starting post for this. If you do not know what this is a fuller explanation can be found in the "session studies" thread from 2 weeks ago. Which can be found here>>> LINKY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3865317&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1)
Same deal more or less.
Step 1: have or play a session that you'd like reviewed by a fello ML poster
Step 2: PM me (if it's full ring) or Numeri (if it's 6-max) with some message like "hey I wanna have my session reviewed and review someone else session too" or just "I'm in"
Step 3: sometime Monday afternoon we will PM you back with the name of your reviewer.
Step 4: You PM them and get their Email address.
Step 5: You Email them the standard hand history (like you get it from the site).
Step 6: They review the session and send back their responses opinions etc. From here you can discuss by Email, or AIM or PM, whatever.
Step 7: (to be done while you do 5 & 6) you give your Email to the person you're reviewing. You look at the session they send you and do the best you can to give a complete review of their play. Including why you'd use a different line or why you like their play. Then you discuss with the person you reviewed, as to why you gave the review you did etc...

Main rules:
Keep sessions under 200 hands (as courtesy to your reviewer)
Do the best review you can (sometimes newbies don't know how to do good reviews but this is a learning process both ways and so take it seriously and do your best to asses your senders play)
Try and respond in a timely manner, but be complete (take the time it needs to look at everything not just the hands they played postflop, are they missing chances by folding to much preflop)

If you have any questions check (The Original Thead) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3865317&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1) first.
Or
Post your question here, and either myself or Numeri, or another poster who has done this before will answer your questions as soon as we can.
Or
As a final resort you can PM myself or Numeri with questions and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Monady afternoon me and Numeri will post a "last call" for each group in this thread (but try and get PM's in before that). Then we will begin linking people up and PM'ing people with their reviewers. We will also post the full list of poster --- reviewer in this thread so if you don't here from your poster, check who you are reviewing here and PM them (with your Email) so they get you their session and you have time to review it.

This has rocked both time we've done it and I've gotten good responses from those involved. So lets keep it up and continue helping eachother at this thing called POKER.

Later
Thomas

Guruman
11-18-2005, 10:12 PM
this little exercise has been one of the most useful things I've ever really done as far as poker is concerned.

[stoner voice]dude, you've GOT to try this man...It's AWESOME[/stoner voice]

bottomset
11-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't mind looking a session or 2 of these

I might play some more 1/2 6max to bonus clear, that someone could look at if they wanted

numeri
11-19-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't mind looking a session or 2 of these

I might play some more 1/2 6max to bonus clear, that someone could look at if they wanted

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll put you on the list. You can send an old session, too. It doesn't have to be a recent one. Either way, your 'reviewer' will probably get something worthwhile from it.

numeri
11-19-2005, 12:06 PM
http://www.myonlineimages.com/forums/images/smilies/custom/bump.gif
For the Saturday a.m. crowd.

nomadtla
11-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Bumping and also adding for clarity.
If you want to trade 6-max sessions with 6-max players (PM Numeri)
If you want to trade full ring sessions with other full ring players (PM me)

numeri
11-19-2005, 08:52 PM
http://www.myonlineimages.com/forums/images/smilies/custom/bump.gif
For the Saturday p.m. crowd.

nomadtla
11-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Bump because my post count was at 666 and it just makes me uneasy. I can't leave it like that overnight so I'll just put another post in here.

nomadtla
11-20-2005, 04:19 AM
Bump for the hardcore AM crowd

nomadtla
11-20-2005, 03:09 PM
It's 2:09 PM in my timezone what about you guys?

nomadtla
11-20-2005, 08:37 PM
bump

nomadtla
11-21-2005, 03:47 AM
for the Sunday night owls like myself

11-21-2005, 03:49 AM
hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 2:46 here or so

I'd so do this, but im going home for thanksgiving and unfortunately, online poker will be a highly improbable activity for me there.

Steve

K-mac
11-21-2005, 06:37 AM
5:37 AM here for the early birds

lautzutao
11-21-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm rockin the house at the 6:27am hour. I just saw four deer prancing around my "backyard". I wish I had a gun.

numeri
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd so do this, but im going home for thanksgiving and unfortunately, online poker will be a highly improbable activity for me there.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI: You have two weeks to complete the session review. I'm sure I won't get to mine until after the holiday.

car ramrod
11-21-2005, 09:59 AM
if there are any extra sessions, I will review one, and I would like to get one of mine reviewed.

let me know

numeri
11-21-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if there are any extra sessions, I will review one, and I would like to get one of mine reviewed.

let me know

[/ QUOTE ]
No problem. I'll put you on the list when I get home.

11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
well in that case, sign me up for some 6 max action, .50/1.00 baby

nomadtla
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
OK it's last call time for the full ring. I will begin making the list at 6PM EST. Anyone who still wants in you have about an hour and a half to PM me.

car ramrod
11-21-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No problem. I'll put you on the list when I get home.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool thanks, and I would prefer 6max, if you didn't know that already.

numeri
11-21-2005, 05:49 PM
I will do the pairings at around 5pm CST. (I guess that's 6pm EST as well.)

A good group so far, but there's always room for more!

nomadtla
11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Alright everyone here's the matchings for full ring.
I PM'd all of you with your reviewer now you PM them and get their Email and do your thing.
If you don't get a PM in the next 2 days from the guy your supposed to be reviewing then hunt them down, that's why I post this list.

Player--------Reviewer
Amerretto--------SL__72
Uben-------------Amerretto
jingleheimer-----Uben
Eskimo-sickness--jingleheimer
K-mac------------Eskimo-sickness
The Rocket-------K-mac
Rat Fink---------The Rocket
Big Turkey-------Rat Fink
House Calls------Big Turkey
Hume-------------House Calls
Brian------------Hume
WalkAmongUs------Brian
QuickLearner-----WalkAmongUs
bosoxfan---------QuickLearner
AtlChip10--------bosoxfan
stuartharris-----AtlChip10
mack848----------stuartharris
alexjv-----------mack848
CoachDirty-------alexjv
SL__72-----------CoachDirty

Enjoy
Thomas

numeri
11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Here are the pairings for this week. I'm an idiot and forgot to add car ramrod to the list... so you'll just have to pair with me, if that's all right. Unless anyone else would like to volunteer. My bad... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

2+2 user ....... reviewer
numeri ……. bottomset
Guruman ……. dietlime
Obliky ……. MrWookie
bottomset ……. GME
NateDog ……. Koss
dietlime ……. Disconnected
adsman ……. NateDog
trainslayer ……. Obliky
Disconnected ……. Stonewalled
GME ……. mvoss
Brain ……. AASooted
mvoss ……. tubasteve8
Koss ……. trainslayer
MrWookie ……. Guruman
Stonewalled ……. adsman
tubasteve8 ……. Brain
AASooted ……. numeri

I think I PM'd everyone with the details. So many PMs... it's easy to get lost. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Anyone in addition to car ramrod, that is. What a dolt I am. Anyway, PM me dude and we can swap.

~Dan

milesdyson
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
i'll match up w/ ramrod if that's cool. sorry i am not PMing this information. i also don't want to be matched up with any additional players - just 1 please, thanks

numeri
11-21-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll match up w/ ramrod if that's cool. sorry i am not PMing this information. i also don't want to be matched up with any additional players - just 1 please, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
No worries. I sent him a PM with your offer. I imagine he'll take you up on it as it's bound to be more educational than swapping with me.