PDA

View Full Version : Tought spot with QQ

mscags
11-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Party Poker (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG limps, 2 folds and MP Raises, folded to me and I raise. Blinds fold, limper calls, MP calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks. MP bets, I raise, UTG calls two cold, MP reraises, I cap, UTG calls two more (did I mention he sucks?)

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, I bet, UTG raises, MP reraises, I fold

Just right?

Dominic
11-18-2005, 10:03 PM
not sure what you could be beating here...it's possible one of them is overplaying the nut flush draw but obviously not both of them.

it's a fold.

bernie
11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
No reads?

I'd put AA or KK on hold as no one capped preflop.

I'd have called the flop 3 bet hoping to raise the turn.

UTG appears to have flopped a set. However, both are unknowns.

b

MNpoker
11-18-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(did I mention he sucks?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this I can't fold here. The other player proably also knows he sucks and wants to knock out your AK.

Sucky players can have anything (spade draw, some pair, whatever)

The other player can still very easily have: A9, a flush draw, or TT or JJ.

I'm not sure you are winning but I can't fold.

Michael Emery
11-18-2005, 11:33 PM
I like calling the three bet and raising any non-spade turn. The pot is so large at this point I think its best to forgo the flop cap and see if you can get the weakie to muck the turn. If its only one bet to him he'll be getting correct odds to call with almost anything. Looks like one of them has to have a set here, good turn fold.

Mike Emery

limitholdemshark
11-18-2005, 11:53 PM
it seems like u have no outs on the flop.i read mp1 most likly has a set and utg has either j-10 of dia or spades or a set himself.i would have not cap the flop i just call mp1's reraise on the flop.and put the brakes on for the rest of the hand.i would fold the hand if utg and mp1 get into a raising war. oh by the way its posible that ur looking at a set over set hand and the mark of a solid player is the ability to get away from the pocket Qs early in this hand(on the turn)

mscags
11-19-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

THe idiot is obviously an idiot, and the Mp seemed decent from the few hands I played with him.

Spicymoose
11-19-2005, 02:18 AM
I like just calling this flop (the second time aroud), and raising a safe turn.

11-19-2005, 04:40 AM
im definitly not capping the flop here.. you've obviously got some definite action going on here three handed for your hand.

sounds like UTG has a set and is hoping to get action. im checking the turn and hoping to get a cheap as possible showdown, if action heats up im letting the queens go.