PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good time or a bad time?

Piiop
11-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Party 15. 9-handed. I join and post in the CO, game looks to be pretty good. The VPIPs of the players on my right are 50, 30, 37, 30.

Surprisingly, everyone folds to me and I raise AKo, the TAG button (18/11/1.7 after 1500)3-bets, SB folds, unknown BB calls, I capsicle, both call.

Flop: 8 6 4 rainbow

Check, I bet, call, call.

Turn: A completing the rainbow

bb checks, I check planning on raising

My reasoning: TAG should be 3-betting a lot of hands preflop here since I posted. Flop comes all low cards and he didn't raise so I don't think he has a pair. Turn is A, I check representing a big pair thats afraid of the ace. There's a very good chance the A hit him.

If he doesn't bet, I risk a free card to him and the BB but at the same time he could pair his KQ or QJs or something and call on the river where he wouldn'tve called before.

istewart
11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
It looks pretty good at first glance; really the only issue I see with it is giving the BB a free card. When the TAG is drawing to 2 outs he'll bet fairly frequently, when he's drawing to 3 he'll always bet, and when he's drawing dead he'll check (correct me if you think this is wrong).

Jake (The Snake)
11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't think I like it.

If the TAG is capable of reading hands, it sure seems to me like you're giving away your hand with this c/r. If TAG has anything besides AK or better, I'd expect him to fold to your c/r, while he might have just called the turn and river with something like AQ had you bet (or perhaps he would've raised your bet).

Giving a free card probably isn't good.

Then again, I have never played the party 15 so I don't know if your line is used without AK or better and I don't know if TAG will call down with a weaker ace if you c/r.

Carmine
11-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I think it is very possible that BB has a stronger hand than button. I think a Tags 3-betting range is pretty big in this spot. BB calling PF tells me more likely he has a decent Ace, as a good PP would have capped and a suited connector would likely have folded.

If BB is on a draw we don't want to give freebees and if he has an Ace we might be able to 3-bet and also trap button between.