PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 (6 max) NL turn and river play

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Okay since party has shut down rakeback i have changed from a 6 table sh limit rake-back producing machine to trying to move up playing 1-2 tables of NL. and trying to make good decisions (Is 5/10 mid-high?) Just posting some of my big pots to make sure that they are standard.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Trun raiser and caller are weak bad and would call down with an ace or 6 or more out draw if I was to push turn. Getting 4.1-1 on my turn call (i expected the trun leader to fold). Is the river raise good? would anyone consider just calling here or raising less. My oppenents were really bad the type to auto call a raise anytime they bet for value. I was not sure how much to raise on the river but aganst these guys I was sure a strait or set would auto call. I do not think one pair would call but would have called a smalller raise.

UTG ($435.90)
MP ($1214)
CO ($986.55)
Hero ($574)
SB ($483.50)
BB ($620.40)
Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
[color=#CC3333]UTG raises to $20</font>, MP calls $20, CO calls $20, Hero calls $20, SB (poster) calls $15, BB calls $10.

Flop: ($120) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($120) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]BB bets $15</font>, UTG folds, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $60</font>, CO calls $60, Hero calls $60, SB folds, BB folds.

River: ($315) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
MP checks, [color=#CC3333]CO bets $50</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $350</font>, MP folds, CO calls $300.

Final Pot: $1015

yvesaint
11-18-2005, 09:00 PM
drop down and play 2/4 and buy-in for full

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
drop down and play 2/4 and buy-in for full

[/ QUOTE ]

I am well financed for this game. I Iike short stack poker. I also get more action once I build up my stack because guys see me playing for stacks so often. It plays more like limit I would rather play 25-50 blinds and buy in for less. .

kagame
11-18-2005, 09:18 PM
learn to play real poker, it pays better and is more rewarding

kagame
11-18-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
learn to play real poker, it pays better and is rewarding

[/ QUOTE ]

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't short stack poker "real poker" it pays real money.

flawless_victory
11-18-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't short stack poker "real poker" it pays real money.

[/ QUOTE ]
this depends on how u define "real money"

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this depends on how u define "real money"[/quot

5bb/100 over last 35k hands NL 400-2000

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I started playing NL in small buying tournies with M's in the range of 10-20 most of the time. You still have to know how to play poker well to win with this style. But to each his own.

lapoker17
11-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Just imagine what could've been.

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:33 PM
you are a good poster I would pay you to play me some heads up if you like if you will give me a quick anyaisis of my play. We could play for 02.-.04 on stars or we could play for decent stakes if you would not mind. I am not trying to say I am better than you but would like to get an assesment of where I am at.

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine what could've been.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play for big stacks everyday. I just start with a small stack and reload untill I build it up. It also has me playing my biggest stacks when I am running well and tight short stack poker when I am running poorly. Also when I have a big stack my opp are usually stuck and more apt to overplay a hand.

scdavis0
11-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Play for money and not ego and just ignore the hate.

flawless_victory
11-18-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

5bb/100 over last 35k hands NL 400-2000

[/ QUOTE ]
note that i didnt berate u 4 playing short, just pointed out that the best players will win more playing the biggest stack allowed.

flawless_victory
11-18-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are a good poster I would pay you to play me some heads up if you like if you will give me a quick anyaisis of my play. We could play for 02.-.04 on stars or we could play for decent stakes if you would not mind. I am not trying to say I am better than you but would like to get an assesment of where I am at.

[/ QUOTE ]
PM your stars info and i will play you 5/10 HU sometime when i see you on.
ill talk to u about it some on AIM if u like, only charge will be all the money i am gonna beat u out of!

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play for money and not ego and just ignore the hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play for the money, but I also play to get better. I played chess in the open division even though I am not rated that high. I just do not understand how if poker is a "race for the ante you need 300x the BB to protect the ante? 10-20 NL to me is so easy because I pay the same ante as 20-40 limit with a smaller bankroll, less veriance and a chance to make huge scores without too many big losses. I won a 2400 dollar pot a bellagio when I woke up with KK and a 600 stack after a raise to 120 and 3 callers. They had small pairs and conectors. They put in 600 pre-flop with those hand in a fight over 30 in dead money because they are playing 10k stacks or whatever I usually like my equity in the main pot.

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 10:02 PM
[quotePM your stars info and i will play you 5/10 HU sometime when i see you on.
ill talk to u about it some on AIM if u like, only charge will be all the money i am gonna beat u out of! ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I was just being polite. but I would be glad to play you a couple of shoot outs and you can keep you anaisis I just did not want to scare you off. We can send some money to a third party from this forum that is trusted it would be better to play on stars 02-04 for the rake. something like best of 7 shoot out for 1k or whatever. Dont want you to say I got lucky on you.

MrTeddyKGB
11-18-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ill talk to u about it some on AIM if u like, only charge will be all the money i am gonna beat u out of!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will play you 5/10 NL if you play me HU 20-40 limit at the same time. BTW now is good for me.

Subfallen
11-19-2005, 12:53 AM
flawless is also an exceptionally tough SH limit player. You do realize this, no?

gol4pro
11-19-2005, 01:08 AM
I have a very similar strategy. Since the player pool is pretty big in the stakes I generally play, I don't always have a read at the beginning of a session.

Playing with 100BB and no read can be a really nasty spot. Therefore, I start with 50BB at the beginning of a session when you don't need a read. Afterwards, it will take me a little while to double up, and by that time I will have a read.

TheWorstPlayer
11-19-2005, 01:58 PM
There's been tons of fun discussion in this thread but no one has yet commented on the hand, that I see at least. Push the river. And flawless plays 1/2 SH limit on Party so I wouldn't be expecting to pick up easy cash on the limit table.

flawless_victory
11-19-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will play you 5/10 NL if you play me HU 20-40 limit at the same time. BTW now is good for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, im not really interested in some stupid grudge match, but i will u play you any game in any limit if it is convenient for me.
use PM if u really are dying to play w/ me. whatever.

BobboFitos
11-20-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, im not really interested in some stupid grudge match, but i will u play you any game in any limit if it is convenient for me.
use PM if u really are dying to play w/ me. whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

FLAWLESS PLAY ME FOR 10K HU I WILL PWN YOU LETS GO, PRIMA NOW NOW NOW WHILE IM STILL TIRED