PDA

View Full Version : OOT: I present to you, my elbow.

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 08:09 PM
20 guesses how I did this to myself, all I'll say for now is that it was really stupid. And yes, this photo is actual size.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/drivett/02fbf121.jpg

PS: Thanks to Sponger for the inspiration

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

SmileyEH
11-18-2005, 08:10 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

daryn
11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/3613870991.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/3613870991.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Great photo, but thats not how. On a related note, I'm thinking about getting a stella instead of a Vespa.
http://brooklynbretta.com/html/images/newscoots/stella/black.jpg

jokerthief
11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Being to liberal with the praying mantis betting style?

miajag81
11-18-2005, 08:18 PM
didn't you say this was a skiing injury?

jar
11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Well, you said in the Vespa post that it was a skiing accident. Are you looking for something more specific? Also, those look like random screws from a hardware store. I dunno why, but I assumed medical screws would be different in some way.

Los Feliz Slim
11-18-2005, 08:20 PM
You did this to yourself? Were you holding the drill in your other hand, or was it in a vice or something?

bad beetz
11-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Dude, you're kidding, right? If they're medical screws then Dr. Nick Riviera put them in to connect the something bone to the yellow bone.

TheNoodleMan
11-18-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
20 guesses how I did this to myself, all I'll say for now is that it was really stupid. And yes, this photo is actual size.

[/ QUOTE ]
Photoshop?

istewart
11-18-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Photoshop?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're kidding, right? If they're medical screws then Dr. Nick Riviera put them in to connect the something bone to the yellow bone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The photo is real.... they are titanium medical screws.

DrSavage
11-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Furious masturbation?

benza13
11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PS: Thanks to Sponger for the inspiration

[/ QUOTE ]

Whippits with Sponger and you fell on your elbow?

asofel
11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
You attempted to pull off a mid stroke triple reverse pull and a twist, backhanded.

Sorry to see that though TT....i have one small screw in my wrist, and that wasn't fun, so i can only imagine this surgery...heal quickly bro.

BWebb
11-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Patting yourself on the back after you made a short joke about Evan?

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
heal quickly bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 years ago, and I won't ever heal totally but I'm alive. Just missed my skull, I can live with a bum elbow but I can't live the other way.

istewart
11-18-2005, 09:06 PM
WTF happened?

11-18-2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.phatpimpclothing.com/hi/phatpimp/images/ex_popyacollar.jpg ?

Boris
11-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Nice one bro. That's hella cool.

jokerthief
11-18-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up with this? Did you get banned?

gabbahh
11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
You fell of your computer.

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Patting yourself on the back after you made a short joke about Evan?

[/ QUOTE ]

excelent....

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta steal this one... Missed you Asia, one of my favorite OOT posters is back!

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skiing was correct, but HOW did it happen? We aren't quite at 20 questions yet, so I can't let the cat out of the bag till we get there.

TheNoodleMan
11-18-2005, 11:52 PM
playing catch with a football while skiing.

CCass
11-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Skinny Skiing? Going to Bull fights on acid?

Randy_Refeld
11-19-2005, 12:06 AM
That looks rather painful, I once had 7 screws and a plate inserted in my elbow. I dont' knwo if you will hve to have those removed at a later date, mine were in a year and then taken out and the surgery removing them hurt a lot more than putting them in (it may have been taht the first surgery I was heavily sedated adn the second surgery was outpatient).

Brain
11-19-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skiing was correct, but HOW did it happen? We aren't quite at 20 questions yet, so I can't let the cat out of the bag till we get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You unexpectedly hit a bump while popping your collar and landed on your elbow.

Either that or you fell off the porch while telling a couple snowbunnies about your TT. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ChipWrecked
11-19-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought you saw the ghost of Sonny Bono, and freaked out so badly you crashed into a tree.

Luv2DriveTT
11-19-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You thought you saw the ghost of Sonny Bono, and freaked out so badly you crashed into a tree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish it was that glamorous.

3 years ago this week I broke up with my girlfriend. I had just paid for a nice weekend getaway under Mount Snow, we were fighting a lot and I hoped the getaway would help us patch things up. She loved horses, and since the skying season hadn't started yet (neither of us had ever skied before) I thought it would be romantic and private. Since we broke up I decided to go it alone.

The morning of the vacation the east coast got hit with it's first major storm of the year, and mount snow was covered in powder. So when I arrived I decided to give skiing a shot, after all what else was I going to do. The whole dam place was a winter wonderland and I wanted to have fun!

So I spent a few hundred on some gear, but I decided to rent the equipment at the training facility on the slopes. Lessons went very well, I was zooming down the slopes in no time. I used to be an avid rollerblader so it was rather natural for me. The only thing they didn't teach me how to do was fall down... which I thought was odd. They discussed how, but we never practiced it.

On my last morning of lessons as we were wrapping up for the day I asked the teacher once again why we never practiced how to fall, he explained that is was insurance reasons. As a team we skied down the bunny hill to the base of the mountain to get lunch together before it was time to head home. We all stop at the bottom, and as I start to say goodbye I lost my balance. As I fell my left arm instinctively reached out to stop my fall, dropping the left ski pole. Unfortunately the pole titanium tip twisted in a way that when my elbow landed on it, I shattered it in 6 places (luckily the elbow might have saved my life, it got in between the pole and my skull). My classmates didn't understand why I was laying on the ground, in fact nobody believed I was hurt at first. The nurse said in all of her years she never saw an injury this bad from someone who was just standing around /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

To make a long story short, the operation was far more painful than the injury. I had to give the innkeeper $500 to drive me back to NYC for surgery, spent 5 days in the hospital (1/2 day on Demerol, 3 days on a morphine drip), and I was out of work for nearly a month.

Fun stuff eh? Its got to be the dumbest thing I have ever done in my entire life.

MelK
11-19-2005, 01:55 PM
That'll teach you to break up with your girlfriend. You were cursed the moment you did.