PDA

View Full Version : who is the carver on nip/tuck?

SunOfBeach
11-18-2005, 07:40 PM
is it just me, or is it freaking dead obvious...

11-19-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm probably just dense, but it's not completely obvious to me. I'd say Quentin, just because he's the only guy that has the requisite traits (surgeon, wants to take Christian and SIIHP).

david050173
11-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Christian's Dad.

11-19-2005, 01:59 AM
I just caught an episode I missed. Why was the son running away from that group of transexuals? I know he banged that one tranny mom, but why did they all wanna kick his ass?

bills217
11-19-2005, 02:12 AM
Is it a guarantee the carver's identity will be revealed? Or that he's not just his own "carver" character and otherwise anonymous and unimportant?

I doubt it, but just a thought.

cdxx
11-19-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it a guarantee the carver's identity will be revealed? Or that he's not just his own "carver" character and otherwise anonymous and unimportant?

I doubt it, but just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't guess who it is, but it's pretty obvious that carver's identity is the most likely cliffhanger for next season.

diebitter
11-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Never watch the show, never seen it, but I predict it's the one that has the least scenes/moments which indicate he/she is the carver, and everyone else that is even remotely a suspect has significantly more.

mason55
11-19-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed last week, can I get a summary.

I think that it's TOO obvious that it's Christian's new partner. They are obviously playing it up to make everyone suspect him. Truthfully, it's probably Christian or Sean. Sean makes the most sense because of his moral high ground.

MasterShakes
11-19-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about your opinion?

I don't think it's obvious at all really. I think it's a possibility that it's Matt and I'm leaning that way, but I have no definite idea of who it is.

david050173
11-19-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it's TOO obvious that it's Christian's new partner. They are obviously playing it up to make everyone suspect him. Truthfully, it's probably Christian or Sean. Sean makes the most sense because of his moral high ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought both were attacked by the carver.

mason55
11-19-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought both were attacked by the carver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehhh... come one, maybe one did it himself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't watch super-regularly so I probably missed something. Just a random wild guess.

11-19-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just caught an episode I missed. Why was the son running away from that group of transexuals? I know he banged that one tranny mom, but why did they all wanna kick his ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once Matt found out that Eva was transsexual, he went to a tranny bar and went home with one of the dudes there. Back at his place, Matt found out the guy still had a dick (hadn't had sex change surgery yet) and freaked out, and beat the crap out of the guy. So, the dude got his transsexual friends and waited outside Matt's school to jump him.

Tuesday's episode was relatively uneventful; Sean thought about joining the Witness Protection program to run away with Nikki (the chick that had been staying with him), then chickens out when he realizes how serious the whole thing is (i.e. never being able to see his kids again). Also, Christian found out that Quentin was on coke during surgery, so Sean came and covered for him during an important facial transplant (which ultimately failed due to the patient's immune system).

I can't imagine Matt or Sean being the Carver; neither of them would ever rape Christian in the ass, nor does Sean have it in him to do hurt people the way the Carver does. Christian is a possibility, but I doubt it given that Sean was attacked and the friendship they share is very genuine and deep.

bills217
11-19-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Christian is a possibility, but I doubt it given that Sean was attacked and the friendship they share is very genuine and deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have any of the posters in this thread actually watched the show?

Does anyone remember how Christian got out of jail?

I better just spell this out since some of the posters in this thread either haven't watched the show or lack basic reasoning skills.

Christian leaked to a reporter that he was suspected of being the carver and he was in custody, because he suspected the real carver would be furious when he heard that the credit for his work was being given to someone else, and he would strike again while Christian was in jail, thus proving Christian innocent and he could get out of jail. And that is exactly what happened.

So, to reiterare, this means: Christian CANNOT be the carver.

Hope everyone is clear on that now.

While I'm at it, since Sean and Christian have both been attacked on-screen by the carver as part of the show, the only way Sean or Christian could have ever been the carver is if that was part of some sort of bizarre dream sequence/symbolism stuff that was concealed at the time but would be obvious later, and I just don't see any clues whatsoever that would indicate that.

I would gladly offer someone odds on Quentin being the carver, or for that matter, any other character that has appeared in the show so far. It is my belief that either the carver is his own anonymous character, or that his character hasn't yet been introduced to the show.

ScottyP431
11-19-2005, 05:20 PM
In an interview the NT people said it would be someone on the show, not a random person and that it would be revealed in the final episode of the season.

Its kit. Quentin was in atlanta for the early attacks, kit is the only character on the show who was attacked but hte attack wasnt shown, and shes crazy, and knew christian was raped though he denied it and she did him with a strap on/had access to the condom etc.

bills217
11-19-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, please come back and indicate who you think it is if it is so obvious? This has been a pretty worthless thread so far.

You might even get a chance to make some money off me.

bills217
11-19-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In an interview the NT people said it would be someone on the show, not a random person and that it would be revealed in the final episode of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected.

[ QUOTE ]
Its kit. Quentin was in atlanta for the early attacks, kit is the only character on the show who was attacked but hte attack wasnt shown, and shes crazy, and knew christian was raped though he denied it and she did him with a strap on/had access to the condom etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, a coherent theory.

This makes a lot of sense...it had already occurred to me how much sense it made for the carver to be a female (covers face, uses tranquilizer, disguises voice, etc.) but then there's the question of how does she rape them? Clearly we know from the show that Kit has a pussy, so then we're left with her raping them with a strap on, which I deemed to be too bizarre even for this show, but I could be wrong.

There are other issues, as well. Let's assume Kit is the carver. Why would she try to frame Christian, have him basically as good as convicted, evidence-wise, then decide to fake her own carving to make it look like someone else had done it, and then let him out? What would be the purpose of that?

Also, wasn't the whole premise of that episode the fact that the real carver became furious that someone else had been accused, and then struck again? Isn't there some timing invloved there? How could Kit have known that Christian would leak it, and how could that have been part of her original plan to frame him?

Now that we know it is someone from the show, I think it could be someone from an earlier season, maybe someone who was barely in the show at all. All of the key characters seem too unlikely unless something changes.

bills217
11-19-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Christian's Dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I now like this theory best. No information to the contrary whatsoever, and it would make for some incredible drama and irony, considering that his dad probably wouldn't even have known he was raping his own son, Christian's reaction to finding out, etc.

Is either of Christian's foster parents also a possibility?

bills217
11-19-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never watch the show, never seen it, but I predict it's the one that has the least scenes/moments which indicate he/she is the carver, and everyone else that is even remotely a suspect has significantly more.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

bills217
11-19-2005, 10:25 PM
OP...where are you...

11-20-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, right, forgot about that part.

I like the Kit theory. Although, I don't understand the motive behind carving herself up if she wanted Christian to go down for it. Also, I don't think Quentin's original practice being in Atlanta precludes him from taking fun trips down to Florida to run wild on the locals.

Rhona Mitra = hotness.

bills217
11-21-2005, 02:15 AM
bump

david050173
11-21-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, right, forgot about that part.

I like the Kit theory. Although, I don't understand the motive behind carving herself up if she wanted Christian to go down for it. Also, I don't think Quentin's original practice being in Atlanta precludes him from taking fun trips down to Florida to run wild on the locals.

Rhona Mitra = hotness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kit was attacked by the Carver (episode when Christian was in Jail). Not to mention she was trying to convict Christian so why would she help let him out?

In one of the interviews it is mention that the carver has been around since season 1. Assuming that we are not being lied to, that leaves people like
LIZ CRUZ - not sure how she got christian semen but she is a replaceable main character. Has all the skills and access to the drugs.
MATT - Seems a bit unlikely but definitely has anger management issue and may be a DNA match
JULIA MCNAMARA - why not?
JULIA'S MOM - no real evidence
AVA - can't remember if she was in all three seasons or not.

I think Liz is the most likely.

bills217
11-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Is Boblitt (sp?) a possibility? The other surgeon who got put out of business because of the malpractice suit by the dog owner? And then he got hooked on drugs and set up that chop shop? I can't remember if he died or not though, or do we know...

He's definitely crazy enough, although that doesn't really seem likely either.

I honestly have no earthly idea who it could be now, if we're assuming they've been around since season 1...not sure if that disqualifies christian's dad or not. If not, that theory is still the heavy favorite IMO.

Still waiting for response from OP.

bills217
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Ava wasn't in all 3 seasons.

I think it's obvious that it WAS Kit who tried to frame Christian, not the carver. Again, remember how he got out of jail? Why would the carver try to frame him and then prove his innocence? Kit tried to frame him for her own reasons, not the carver.

cnatto
11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
There was a bunch of people trying to say it was Bobbolet, but didn't he kill himself when Christian caught him and the asian woman chopping up that girl? The theory about it being the anaesthesiologist was good. She had Christian's semen from when she was trying to get pregnant in the second season.

bills217
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm hearing a lot of theories on other forums that say that it may be Christian's identical twin (unbeknownst to either of them), which would explain the DNA...they're suggesting that the interviews the producers are giving saying it's a key member of the cast are meant to throw us off.

Personally, I think the key key characters (Liz, Julia, Kimber, Matt, even Gina, etc.) have been humanized too much to be the carver.

obsidian
11-21-2005, 06:48 PM
The only way I could see Kit being the carver is if she had some sort of multiple personality complex.

david050173
11-21-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm hearing a lot of theories on other forums that say that it may be Christian's identical twin (unbeknownst to either of them), which would explain the DNA...they're suggesting that the interviews the producers are giving saying it's a key member of the cast are meant to throw us off.

Personally, I think the key key characters (Liz, Julia, Kimber, Matt, even Gina, etc.) have been humanized too much to be the carver.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other plastic surgeon is a corspe. I am assuming that they aren't lying to us. Whats the point? If they just want to keep it a secret, don't give any clues and lying just pisses off your audience. I would guess the semen was a kit plant: the carver hasn't left evidence before, it would also explain why s/he attacked Kit.

Gina seems like too obvious of a choice as she is a known psycho. If it is a main ( or at least character fans of the show would remember) character, it can't be a family member as that just draws the story line on for way too long. And one more thing for Liz: You think it was an accident that the one fake victim wasn't totally knocked out during surgery /images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And one more thing for Liz: You think it was an accident that the one fake victim wasn't totally knocked out during surgery /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me.

drewjustdrew
11-21-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And one more thing for Liz: You think it was an accident that the one fake victim wasn't totally knocked out during surgery /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going with this unless proved otherwise. Well done!

bills217
11-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Still awaiting response from OP.

KingCon
11-24-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going with this unless proved otherwise. Well done!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is LIZ also, she uses a strap on for the men and women she rapes, thats why there isnt any sperm etc. She has access to the medicine the CARVER injects in his vicitms to paralyze them, she was in charge of the sleeping gas etc. Its LIZ

bills217
11-24-2005, 10:51 PM
And the OP is still nowhere to be found...

jusander
11-25-2005, 04:46 AM
Have to say that I have no idea who the Carver is. Quentin is too obvious, Liz is too fat. It can't be Matt.

It's either some old client of McNamara/Troy or some random guy.

bills217
11-25-2005, 11:55 PM
OP, enlighten us! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bills217
11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
bump for OP response.