PDA

View Full Version : Stop playing poker?

11-18-2005, 07:38 PM
"Stop playing poker at a right time is very important and sometimes it even insists some skills to do that. Be strong and emotionally stable, keep working on improving your playing skills and strategy. Never forget to stop playing on time." I found this article segment online and I think it is true. However, everybody has his/her own way to interpret when is the right time to stop. Also, this article refers to stop playing for the session only. How about stoping to play poker for ever!!! Is it possible? I dont think anybody in here has stopped playing altogether, otherwise wouldnt be posting or reading this. Has anyone considering this? I have!. I have being playing for about almost 4 years and I have been a regular player. I usually play 1/2 or 2/4 but I am starting to get annoyed by all the time it is taking me from other important things in my life. I have a 3 year old, and sometimes I feel guilty that I play poker when I should be playing with him. I work full time and go to school too so I dont know how much money I could be making in poker that could justify that! Any advise, suggestions? anyone going through the same?

solucky
11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
After paying any bills..home..car ..insurance..food ..cigarettes..restaurants i have normal 3-400$ in my pockets with poker its much more. If i dont make money/ enough money its easy for me to stop poker. In fact i dont like/ love the game...i only. love the extra $$. If you have a family and a son that miss you make a timeframe to play. At sample only tuesday and saturday each 3 hours.
#

vexvelour
11-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Put your kid in your lap while you play.

11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Good point. I could have a time-frame on the weekends for example. But because poker is very competitive, I feel like a need to play more, and higher limits if I want to continue.

11-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I tryied and he started to learn the game, but he easily lost interest and moves a lot. Also, he distracts me and takes time away, so I have to make quick decisions and not paying attention to what's happening at the table. Its not easy to do both things at the same time!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-19-2005, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, That is EXACTLY what I do with my 2 year old son. He loves it when daddy is playing poker. He points to the cards and says "good hand".

boscoboy
11-19-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, That is EXACTLY what I do with my 2 year old son. He loves it when daddy is playing poker. He points to the cards and says "good hand".

[/ QUOTE ]

a kodak moment he can share in rehab