Definition please. Thx.

sng-sam
11-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Stop Sucking,

Straight Flushes,

SAM

Tical
11-18-2005, 07:23 PM
SAM--looked at your past posts--looks like you became an "addict" by telling people to stop sucking. that's helpful.

You think you're a badass, and you're half right.

27o (only for you tho),
Tical

Rduke55
11-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi Tical,
It's a style of play advocated by many good 2+2 multitablers where you go all-in a lot in certain situations where it's unlikely you'll be called. Usually this is in the lower buy-in SNGs where it works.
People often use the term when talking about relatively mindless, mechanical play where you don't necessarily need reads, etc.

sng-sam
11-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Just so you know it's nothing against you. I'm actually taking a poke at another person who only has that to say lately. I'm attempting to show him just how stupid he sounds when saying this to others. Please don't take offense it was just another opportunity to irritate someone special.

Straight Flushes,

SAM

pineapple888
11-18-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definition please. Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definition: Your only two choices are "all-in" or "fold".

Additional comments:
Reasonably-well-defined rules, rarely involving reads of other players, determine which choice you make.

Lends itself to multi-tabling because you only have one decision per hand per table.

Generally decreases ROI when the stacks are deep in relation to the blinds. Dedicated pushbotters theoretically make up for this by playing many more tables, potentially increasing $/hr.

Level 4 and after on Party Poker, a pushbot strategy is generally very close to optimal.

eniven
11-18-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Generally decreases ROI when the stacks are deep in relation to the blinds. Dedicated pushbotters theoretically make up for this by playing many more tables, potentially increasing $/hr.

Level 4 and after on Party Poker, a pushbot strategy is generally very close to optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't play a push bot style in the first two levels do you? Typically it's done as your chipstack approaches 10BB's right?

pineapple888
11-18-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't play a push bot style in the first two levels do you? Typically it's done as your chipstack approaches 10BB's right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't in the early levels, but I think others have (Raptor when he 20-tabled?)

Whenver you have <10BB, you should generally push or fold. But this is not necessarily a pushbot approach, which implies making a quick rule-based but non-read-based decision.