PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on women who wear too much make-up

diebitter
11-18-2005, 06:49 PM
I mean so they wouldn't look out of place in a clown troupe

I say they're all convinced they're beautiful but are at best plain. (and when one flirts with you, it is frankly scary).

Any different experiences on this?

wayabvpar
11-18-2005, 06:51 PM
If they rub most of it off in/on my crotch, I can usually find it in me to forgive them. But 99% of the time it is a turnoff. At least until I get drunk /images/graemlins/blush.gif

PoBoy321
11-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Actually, most of the women I've known who've worn too muchc makeup, did it because they thought they were ugly.

Landon_McFly
11-18-2005, 06:58 PM
I don't think make-up really helps that much. My friends tell me I'm crazy. I think there is a very very small difference in the way a girl looks when she wakes up and takes a shower compared to getting all fixed up. (as far as makeup goes, Hair is a whole different monster)

My sociology teacher used to always tell us that until women quit wearing makeup they won't be accepted as equals in business. FWIW

trotski
11-18-2005, 06:59 PM
The one's who wear a ton of makeup during the day, are the one's who wake up looking like the Creature from the Black Lagoon usually.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Hmmm, interesting, most of you say too much==ugly and they know it.

I've not encountered that many, so maybe my sample has been too small.

phixxx
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
ug

miajag81
11-18-2005, 07:03 PM
If they are wearing "too much" makeup they look bad by definition. Maybe you just should have said women who wear a lot of makeup. FWIW I hate it. Makeup seems to have the effect of making hot women look hotter (when used reasonably) and ugly women look uglier.

gamblore99
11-18-2005, 07:04 PM
For good looking girls it doesnt make a difference. But for the average or ugly it really really helps them. At least that is my experience.

Landon_McFly
11-18-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For good looking girls it doesnt make a difference. But for the average or ugly it really really helps them. At least that is my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was trying to get at. Makeup can take a 4 to a 6, but can't take a 9 to a 10

jokerthief
11-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I had a bad experience with one of these. I was really drunk and the make up was obvious even in my inebriated state. However, I didn't care - to my peril. When we got home I came to the horrific discovery that she was a he and that wasn't the world's largest [censored] in my hand.

gabbahh
11-18-2005, 07:24 PM
They think they are ugly and/or they are very insecure. Many good-looking women do not think they are pretty.

Blarg
11-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I've always thought that make-up was to make you look naturally beautiful. Definitely not like you really know how to put on make-up well.

Some women seem to create a whole different world with their make-up, like they've just created an artwork that you should put up on the wall or something. You might even have some sort of weird admiration for it if you're a guy, or true awe if you're another woman looking at how it "should" be done or what "can" be done. The make up geniuses may be highly skilled, but the result doesn't necessarily look very beautiful at all, even if you start with a good looking woman. Just ... interesting. Maybe. But not in a particularly good way. You wouldn't want to kiss it. You might even get the creeps when "it" smiles at you. The make-up can sort of remove them as people from the world and turn them into sacred objects you may not particularly care to worship.

And unfortunately, there is always a tinge of the monster in anything that is removed from the world.

MonkeeMan
11-19-2005, 03:31 AM
My opinion is that the subject is too leading and should be "Opinions on women who wear heavy make-up".

Exhibit A:
http://www.zegelin.com/hate_files/TheHisToryofMichaelJacksonsface_files/Bette.jpg

fire_fly
11-19-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They think they are ugly and/or they are very insecure. Many good-looking women do not think they are pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is spot on. I've only known a few who f*cking LOVE to cake that crap on, and they were very pretty girls who somehow thought that they needed makeup to look beautiful.

Little did they know, less is more...

poincaraux
11-19-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm usually reminded of this:
http://www.musicincider.com/photographic/471.jpg
so I usually run away screaming.

imported_anacardo
11-19-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And unfortunately, there is always a tinge of the monster in anything that is removed from the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

What.... the....

Thank you, Freidrich Nietzsche. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
This is nasty.

My GF doesn't even wear make-up and I love it.

Women typically have no clue as to what guys are interested in. The worst is a fake-baked, peroxide-headed, make-up caked fatty who thinks she's "a nice catch" or a "trophy for some lucky guy".

Sick.

rusellmj
11-19-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I was trying to get at. Makeup can take a 4 to a 6

[/ QUOTE ]

But surely there's a way of doing this without a trowel.

JonPKibble
11-19-2005, 09:41 PM
http://i.tbs.com/v5cache/TBS/Images/Dynamic/i10/drewcarey_mimi_240x260_052820041523.jpg

11-20-2005, 06:39 AM
The hottness/uglyness amplication theory is an interesting one, but it might not apply when its on thick

This then brings up, "how much is too much?"

So the answer to that is probably, "as much as it takes to make them as attractive as possible, and not a bit more"

diebitter
11-20-2005, 06:43 AM
I shoulda added a subclause about goth chicks though.

They can get hotter and hotter the thicker the mascara/redder the lipstick/whiter the skin, IMHO. (as long as they're at least passable to start with - ugly ones that do this are really revolting, and look like bad trannys).

I think it's just knowing they're freaks is the truth behind that though, rather than how they look. The thickness of the makeup has a linear correlation to the level of freakiness, maybe?

11-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Maybe a correlation with either the amount of insecurity or ignorance as well?

Some of those goth-type chicks though, the look is so much so and so striking that you have to do a double take.

diebitter
11-20-2005, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a correlation with either the amount of insecurity or ignorance as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do think in some cases freakiness is definitely linked to insecurity. More freaky SOMETIMES shows very deep insecurity. Paradoxically it can also show a very profound sense of worth, self-security and self-understanding though, so freakiness indicates one of these extremes, and other factors (neediness/sense of independence?) fill out the picture.

Trying to consider ignorance as a factor as well just makes it too complicated to think about...

11-20-2005, 07:08 AM
It doesnt have to indicate an extreme. Most likely, its just a combination of a bunch of things that on their own would not lead to it.

tom441lbk
11-20-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think make-up really helps that much. My friends tell me I'm crazy. I think there is a very very small difference in the way a girl looks when she wakes up and takes a shower compared to getting all fixed up. (as far as makeup goes, Hair is a whole different monster)

My sociology teacher used to always tell us that until women quit wearing makeup they won't be accepted as equals in business. FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if your sociology teacher is good in be(if she is a woman)

diebitter
11-20-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesnt have to indicate an extreme. Most likely, its just a combination of a bunch of things that on their own would not lead to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree, it doesn't have to. Take everything I've said as 'there are many instances of...' rather than 'it's always true that...'.

I'll try to be more clear in future when discussing things like this, so my bad.

Moneyline
11-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Too much makeup = insecurity, and possible psychoness. I disagree with others who say it signals freakiness... I think high sex drives are motivated by other (probably biological) factors.