PDA

View Full Version : Jamming multiway pots when you know you might get quartered

11-18-2005, 05:25 PM
I play .25/.50 and .50/1 LO8 and run a pretty tidy profit. My question is this:
I've found that these games very often get huuuuge multiway pots with 4-5 people at showdown. So say I have A2 for the nut low and no chance of winning the high in a 5-way person pot on the turn. If someone bets and there's one or two callers, I'll often raise.
With this many people staying to the pot, even if I do get quartered, don't I still turn a profit? Besides, some of these players are such donks that they'll stay in with non-nut lows and I can take that whole half and make more money. Is this a habit I need to get out of?

DrewOnTilt
11-22-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play .25/.50 and .50/1 LO8 and run a pretty tidy profit. My question is this:
I've found that these games very often get huuuuge multiway pots with 4-5 people at showdown. So say I have A2 for the nut low and no chance of winning the high in a 5-way person pot on the turn. If someone bets and there's one or two callers, I'll often raise.
With this many people staying to the pot, even if I do get quartered, don't I still turn a profit? Besides, some of these players are such donks that they'll stay in with non-nut lows and I can take that whole half and make more money. Is this a habit I need to get out of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you still show a profit in this case. Raise away sir! But I seriously hope that you are not staying in pots just chasing the low - do you at least have a decent high draw most of the time?